Sign in to follow this  
RXP

RXP GTN 750/650 Touch FltSim v2.4.10 RC

I installed the older trainer and when I tried to launch it outside P3D I got a message that said can not connect to simulator and it shut down.  I checked it in the simulator and just got the black screen again.  I manually launched the trainer while the sim was running and got the same message as when I launched it on it's own.  I hope we're making progress :-) and I am helping.

LouP

7 hours ago, LouP said:

I got a message that said can not connect to simulator and it shut down

You might want to review your Windows firewall settings and see if GTN Simulator.exe is not excluded.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi Jean Luc,

Did that already but double checked but still not working the older trainer opens but it doesn't light up.  Just like the newer version now.

LouP

Recall a similar issue with an RXP/Xplane user back around May of this year, issues with AMD and Intel drivers.... Could that be relevant here?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Reinstalled on another drive with all shields shut down and Avast in silent mode.  Still no go.  It's as if there is no power getting to the GTN in the trainer.

LouP

Hi, the RC2 is delayed until at least tomorrow and might prove to help solve this. There has been a couple few bugs introduced in the RC.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

OK, thanks Jean Luc, I can wait until tomorrow.  The issue seems more and more like the trainer for sure.  I am getting error messages from the trainer now that read "Missing data router resource. An issue may have occurred during product installation or update.  Reinstallation may be required."  Of course if I had a nickel for every time I installed this now....

I even downloaded the trainer that is posted on Garmin's website to give that a try.

LouP

@LouP there seems it is a problem with the Garmin trainer installation on your system to start with.

I've just posted v2.4.10RC2 so I'll lock this thread and invite you to pursue on the new RC2 thread instead.