Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

VATSIM audio to two headphones. How?

Does anyone know how i would go about setting up VATSIM audio to feed to two different headsets at the same time?

10 hours ago, ErichB said:

Does anyone know how i would go about setting up VATSIM audio to feed to two different headsets at the same time?

Google Headset Y Splitter for some possibilities that might fit your situation.

Al

• Upvote 1

With VPilot your only option is a splitter.  However you can do this with FSINN/FSCopilot.

Other than that, you'd want to use something like Virtual Audio Cable, which would work very well.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

On 11/28/2017 at 3:04 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

With VPilot your only option is a splitter.  However you can do this with FSINN/FSCopilot.

Other than that, you'd want to use something like Virtual Audio Cable, which would work very well.

Thanks Dave. I've heard about using VAC but I'm completely unsure of how I would set that up.  

On 11/29/2017 at 7:03 PM, skelsey said:

You could also Voicemeeter Banana (free/donationware) which enables you to route audio around Windows very flexibly.

Would it possible to use this software to route FSX audio to my laptop speakers and IVAO/VATSIM, and FS2CREW audio to the headphones via the 3.5mm jack ?

If your sound card will allow you to use the speakers and the headphones simultaneously  (ie they can present as different outputs) then absolutely.

I know the Realtek HD audio driver on my PC allows this with the on-board soundcard but you have to select in the options to split the front and rear jacks (rather than see the front jack as a headphone jack that automatically mutes the rear output). It might be possible to do similar with your laptop?