ErikGRSBK

CTD after adding IVAO MTL to simobjects.cfg

Recommended Posts

Hello fellow aviators,

Yesterday I had to reinstall my P3DV4 due to a issue with windows update, this topic is not about that update.
I've reinstalled IVAO and the MTL with it, however, when I add the following lines to the simobjects.cfg P3D crashes and startup with a ntdll.dll error:

[Entry.10]
Title=IVAO MTL
Path=SimObjects\IVAO_MTL
Required=True
Active=True

 

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

 

Regards,

 

Erik Schlijper

 

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The only difference in my simobjects.cfg entry is the Reqired=False

[Entry.10]
Title=IVAO MTL
Path=SimObjects\IVAO_MTL
Required=False
Active=True

That said, I belive there are users who have had CTD due to the ntdll.dll for many reasons, and is not that uncommon. Here is one link from the LM forums regarding the ntdll.dll. A quick google search will bring up many similar threads. 

Link :  http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=126871

Share this post


Link to post

Some of the IVAO MTL models are not compatible with P3Dv4, and will cause a crash. There is an update planned, but not completed yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

The only difference in my simobjects.cfg entry is the Reqired=False

[Entry.10]
Title=IVAO MTL
Path=SimObjects\IVAO_MTL
Required=False
Active=True

That said, I belive there are users who have had CTD due to the ntdll.dll for many reasons, and is not that uncommon. Here is one link from the LM forums regarding the ntdll.dll. A quick google search will bring up many similar threads. 

Link :  http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=126871

Replacing Required=True with Required=False has fixed the issue! 

Thank you very much!

Share this post


Link to post

@bjratchfI have had the IVAO MTL models appear black, missing lights and other wierd texture issues, but not a CTD. If you need an updated MTL for P3d v4, pm me.

 

Good to know, Eric. Happy flying.

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

@bjratchfI have had the IVAO MTL models appear black, missing lights and other wierd texture issues, but not a CTD. If you need an updated MTL for P3d v4, pm me.

 

Good to know, Eric. Happy flying.

You'd rock my world! PMing...

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, bjratchf said:

Some of the IVAO MTL models are not compatible with P3Dv4, and will cause a crash. There is an update planned, but not completed yet. 

MODS  please for the love of God sticky a topic on V4 native models.  It's now 10 topics a week on it.  

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now