Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

REX Weather Radar Updated P3Dv4

Hi Folks,

Just a heads up in this forum - as the gauge is an integral part of aircraft around here - REX updated the weather radar for v4...

Haven't tried it yet - but I will when I get in...

Regards,
Scott

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:08 PM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Just a heads up in this forum - as the gauge is an integral part of aircraft around here - REX updated the weather radar for v4...

Haven't tried it yet - but I will when I get in...

Regards,
Scott

Thanks Scott for the heads up, got it going in the 402, Not quite sure whether it was a free upgrade or not, as I was unable to download it decided to purchase it again.

bob

1 hour ago, StewartH said:

Indeed, it was a free upgrade.  :bengong:

It is working in the 441 Conquest.

Thanks Stew, now I really feel good about it. I looked on Rex web site and there was no mention of a free update, It mentioned something about not being downward compatible.

I will reinstall the 441 and have ago.

Not been doing to much recently  due to having  the BSOD, Having tried uninstalls and reinstalls of add-ons, devices, and software decided to update the BIOS. This of course wiped out my overclocking.

Not being an expert I started at base and worked up 4.4 and bingo got the blue stuff, so it seem for some reason my box doesn't like 4.4 o/c any more so using 4.2 now. ( not to sure if I've done right but its been stable for a few days)

anyways thanks for letting me know re the c441.

bob

You're welcome, Bob.  I went to my previous orders page at REX and the free update was listed there, as I recall.  Not so intuitive.

I'm not sure why your rig doesn't like the OC to 4.4.  Could be it's getting a little long in the tooth?  Who knows?

Btw how do you like the 402?  I'd like to add a (non-Carenado) turboprop to my hangar, since I'm already familiar with flying the 441.

20 hours ago, StewartH said:

You're welcome, Bob.  I went to my previous orders page at REX and the free update was listed there, as I recall.  Not so intuitive.

I'm not sure why your rig doesn't like the OC to 4.4.  Could be it's getting a little long in the tooth?  Who knows?

Btw how do you like the 402?  I'd like to add a (non-Carenado) turboprop to my hangar, since I'm already familiar with flying the 441.

I think your right there, although its not to long in the tooth, maybe the 1080ti gpu was pushing it a little. I like the 402 , although slow and sure compered to the 441, The cockpit layout is almost identical to the 441. The sounds of the switches and  engine are good enough for me as I use ear phones. ( late night flying wouldn't go down well otherwise.)

As you can see from the photo the gtn750 and wx radar fit well.

I think you have just missed out on the sales.

vc5gGyQ.jpg

bob

Hmm...didn't know FSW had a sale...too bad.  PC Aviator has a 10% off sale every Tuesday, and I have a $5 coupon I can use, so I'll go that route, I think.   I like the looks of that cockpit.  I'm interested in comparing this 402 with Milviz's version of the 310R, which I fly a lot, although its recent incarnation for P3Dv4 has a couple of minor bugs yet to be ironed out.  Cheers!

Edit to add:  As a matter of fact, Bob, FSW's sale will begin Dec. 19 and last until Jan.3.  Santa will reward my patience! :happy: