Sign in to follow this  
delefinchen

A/T disengage configure by TQ6 ADV

Dear friends,

two years ago I bought TQ6 – - and all functions work fine. Now I would like to adapt it closer to the reality with TQ6 ADV- and since two weeks my PMDG 737 is equipped with this product to fly by FSX.

Trying to use A/T disengage button I am failing. Very disappointing. No possibility to get this funciton running. According to installing order from GF instructions:  ” to program the auto throttle disengage this button can be set in FSUIPC with the input: “AP panel speed off-” negativ- FSX does not have this function. By the way: FSUIPC is a payware software.

Then it was told to me by petr dowson, the PMDG 737 has its own list of controls(events), which can be assigned via FSUIPC custom control selection- PMDG used term: EVT_control_Stand_AT1_disengage_switch   70314-.I tried to set this file under button and switches in custom control- also negativ.

Please help me

regards

Willi

Willi, my GoFlight TQ6 ADV A/T Disconnect buttons work well with PMDG aircrafts without the need of external software (FSUIPC). It is simply done by assigning the button in Prepar3d controls setup screen to the "Autothrottle (arm)" command. It will disengage A/T but another press will not re-engage it (despite the command being called "arm" in P3D). A/T will only engage via the MCP switch. For me, it does the job very well and works everytime.

Both the left and right A/T disconnect buttons on the TQ6 ADV send the same ID (button 1) so you only need to press either one to set it up and to use them. I also assign the TQ6's Autothrottle Engage (TOGA) buttons the same way (both recognized as "Button 4").

You may also try to have it done via FSUIPC as Dan pointed out if you prefer (and have the paid version of FSUIPC).

Best regards,

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

I have a regular saitek yoke and throttle and can assign disconnect for both at and ap in the p3d menu like nbouc 

in the p3d menu auto pilot key and auto throttle disarms both - David Lee

Servus downscc,

deeply thankful I would ask for introducing me how to assign this key file and key description in the PMDG /FSX folder. Sorry, I am a greenhorn in this matter and also in addition to written and spoken English.

As an FSX user I cannot take a benefit from the other worthwhile tips given by NBouc and 777200Irf. Thanks to all for helpful support.

delefinchen

Now i found the folder:  PMDG: NGX_shortcuts .ini : and the file:  A/T DISENGAGE SWITCH=0, 0, 0, 0.

I think its meaning to assign a key in this file. But the question ist how to do. please help.

thanks

delefinchen

2 hours ago, delefinchen said:

Now i found the folder:  PMDG: NGX_shortcuts .ini : and the file:  A/T DISENGAGE SWITCH=0, 0, 0, 0.

I think its meaning to assign a key in this file. But the question ist how to do. please help.

thanks

delefinchen

Not sure about this, but i think these are the settings you make via the CDU : Menu > PMDG Set up > Option > Key Commands

late, but not too late I realized the most inspired way to get running the A/T disengage button on TQ6- created by downscc.My deep appreciation to him, giving thanks to all members for readiness to help. I misinterpreted PMDG folder and FMC PMDG Options Menu.

delefinchen

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, delefinchen said:

Servus downscc,

deeply thankful I would ask for introducing me how to assign this key file and key description in the PMDG /FSX folder. Sorry, I am a greenhorn in this matter and also in addition to written and spoken English.

As an FSX user I cannot take a benefit from the other worthwhile tips given by NBouc and 777200Irf. Thanks to all for helpful support.

delefinchen

It is the same for fsx as p3d. I assigned my yoke to the key assignments for AP engage and AT engage in the fsx menus and p3d and these assignments by default turn the AP and AT off - David Lee

@delefinchen,

Did you have to purchase a whole new TQ6-ADV to get the 737 throttle handles, or may one just purchase the handles for the original TQ6 and get the button functionality?

Thank you,

Craig