RXP

RXP GTN 750/650 Touch FltSim v2.4.12 Released

Recommended Posts

Hi, I'm pleased to announce v2.4.12 is now released!

It is available either via Settings Panel | Check Updates... or directly from our web site.

In this update:

  • Fixed: Shadin Air Data Computer (Air Temperatures).
  • Fixed: Map Wind Vector Speed and Direction.
  • Fixed: Simulator locked to GPS when using radios-less devices (625,635,725).
  • Other: Preliminary Internal Support for Reality XP G600/500.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks you for this update Jean-Luc

Nice, G600 is coming... :p (Don't forget to take a rest during christmas with your family ;)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep trying to get the Settings Panel menu for the 750 to pop up by shift (and even ctrl) clicking the click spots on the unit.  Haven't gotten it to pop up yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@nirgal76 thank you; enjoy every moments with yours too.

@Gregg_Seipp it is only SHIFT+right click, either on the top bezel edge above the screen, or roughly on the top 1/6 of the screen when 'nobezel'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RXP said:

@nirgal76 thank you; enjoy every moments with yours too.

@Gregg_Seipp it is only SHIFT+right click, either on the top bezel edge above the screen, or roughly on the top 1/6 of the screen when 'nobezel'.

Yeah, I thought it was Shift Right Click.  I'll try again when I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the update!

I`m still having some problems with the fuel flow meter in the utilities page reading higher values than the ones indicated in the airplane`s fuel flow gauge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RXP said:

@Leanscrush Have you made sure to properly set the fuel type in the Settings panel?

Yes! Both on the settings panel regarding the fuel type and on the GTN itself regarding the measurement unit. I`m getting roughly 20% more fuel flow on the GTN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All in all, the fuel values (like Quantity and Flow) are just read from the FltSim SDK simvars. The only operation going on is conversion from/to weight/volume when necessary, all based on fuel density, using the actual internal GTN (or GNS) fuel density tables to match the Garmin readout values.

I'd suggest you compare the readouts with a default aircraft first, like the B58, and validate the values. It is possible third party aircraft 'trick' the underlying FltSim engines to make their readouts closer to expected, at the expense of false underlying simvar readouts. It also possible there is a discrepancy (or a bug) in our code when doing the conversions (hence the suggested test above), or in theirs (reading simvars with non matching units for example, or interpreting the simvar values wrongfully).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2017 at 8:15 AM, Gregg_Seipp said:

I keep trying to get the Settings Panel menu for the 750 to pop up by shift (and even ctrl) clicking the click spots on the unit.  Haven't gotten it to pop up yet.

Gregg. In a couple of aircraft where I have mine or another user's custom panel I have to look for the mouse pointer to change to a pointed finger in the margins between the top selectors, such as between "Audio Panel" and 'Mic".  The plane that comes to mind is the TDv2.  I also happen to be using popright= to toggle my pop up in that model and occasionally it will pop up both the Setup and my gauge pop up.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RXP said:

All in all, the fuel values (like Quantity and Flow) are just read from the FltSim SDK simvars. The only operation going on is conversion from/to weight/volume when necessary, all based on fuel density, using the actual internal GTN (or GNS) fuel density tables to match the Garmin readout values.

I'd suggest you compare the readouts with a default aircraft first, like the B58, and validate the values. It is possible third party aircraft 'trick' the underlying FltSim engines to make their readouts closer to expected, at the expense of false underlying simvar readouts. It also possible there is a discrepancy (or a bug) in our code when doing the conversions (hence the suggested test above), or in theirs (reading simvars with non matching units for example, or interpreting the simvar values wrongfully).

I tried with the default baron, but still having the same problem. 

pybQLel.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leanscrush This looks like more than 20% difference! What simulator is this? I'll cross check something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leanscrush ok the bug is identified and I'm sorry for the confusion, I've had XPlane in mind, where the 'simvar' equivalent is in weight and we do convert based on fuel density. However, in FltSim the simvar reads in volume and we unfortunately let slip the convertion code in. Therefore, your GTN (and GNS V2) reads the correct value times the density.... This will be fixed in the next updated, most likely after the holidays now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RXP said:

@Leanscrush ok the bug is identified and I'm sorry for the confusion, I've had XPlane in mind, where the 'simvar' equivalent is in weight and we do convert based on fuel density. However, in FltSim the simvar reads in volume and we unfortunately let slip the convertion code in. Therefore, your GTN (and GNS V2) reads the correct value times the density.... This will be fixed in the next updated, most likely after the holidays now.

Thank you for the great support Jean-Luc!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fppilot said:

Gregg. In a couple of aircraft where I have mine or another user's custom panel I have to look for the mouse pointer to change to a pointed finger in the margins between the top selectors, such as between "Audio Panel" and 'Mic".  The plane that comes to mind is the TDv2.  I also happen to be using popright= to toggle my pop up in that model and occasionally it will pop up both the Setup and my gauge pop up.

Thanks Frank.  That got it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.