Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Does HD Mesh 4 has City Overlays/LC - confused along with US OrthoXP Project?

Hi everyone,

I am brand spanking new to X-plane world.  Just bought X-plane-11 about 2 days ago.  It will take some time to spend some time in this simulator. 

Got few easy questions.

I have one area in sim with HD Mesh 4 and one area with US Ortho Project (Mid-Atlantic region...whopping 128gb size).

Now Orth4XP is very cool and all but the space requirements are insane and I only have 512gb SSD (which can not sustain whole lot of Orth4xp).

What I want to do is have city Land class roads etc using default textures with HD Mesh 4.  How is that possible?  This is kinda like the Orbx approach in P3D or UTX.  I want mesh, landclass, and proper city planning etc without the huge images of OrthoXP.  That way I can save some free space on my SSD. 

I did 4 regions of HD Mesh 4 and space was not bad at all.

Or HD Mesh 4 has already this information (It talks about city and stuff on its page).

Thanks for your help,

Happy Holidays

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

44 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

What I want to do is have city Land class roads etc using default textures with HD Mesh 4.  How is that possible? 

That's already part of the HD Mesh v4. Mesh isn´t quite right since the mesh in X-Plane is much more complex. It contains an irregular mesh which can change its resolution, but it also contains the landclasses and the road network, as well as the medium height of buildings in this area. In many areas it isn´t really the mesh itself but the finer resolution of the landclasses that are the real advantage.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Longranger said:

That's already part of the HD Mesh v4. Mesh isn´t quite right since the mesh in X-Plane is much more complex. It contains an irregular mesh which can change its resolution, but it also contains the landclasses and the road network, as well as the medium height of buildings in this area. In many areas it isn´t really the mesh itself but the finer resolution of the landclasses that are the real advantage.

Awesome....I guess I will use HD Mesh 4 for now and enjoy the space savings

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Thumbs up. I found with HD mesh 4,one really need to know the area  to acknowledge the differences (like every shed and bushes). I have ortho for the view places I know like my inner pocket,the rest is HD mesh v4.