REX Skyforce 3D Released

1 minute ago, gboz said:

At least you have it downloaded. LOL
I paid but get no download link. Order shows "complete". :(

gb.

Haha.

Yeah. They're busy. Good for them.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

1 minute ago, RichieFly said:

Haha.

Yeah. They're busy. Good for them.

How big is the file?
I assume we are talking gigabytes here?

Thanks,
gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

The initial install is about 22 Gb.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

53 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

The initial install is about 22 Gb.

wow its big lol.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

1 hour ago, gboz said:

At least you have it downloaded. LOL
I paid but get no download link. Order shows "complete". :(

gb.

I had the same thing but I contacted support and they corrected that problem right away.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

53 minutes ago, Silverbird said:

wow its big lol.

Download size for the P3.D v4 installer is just under 5GB but it extracts to around 20+GB post-install.

Haven't downloaded but I guess would be the same for the earlier P3D & FSX/SE versions.

Got registered and got it working.

Too soon to say anything about it. Weather is complicated!

Richard Chafey

MSFS 2020, DCS

18 minutes ago, Tokitaumelie said:

Download size for the P3.D v4 installer is just under 5GB but it extracts to around 20+GB post-install.

Haven't downloaded but I guess would be the same for the earlier P3D & FSX/SE versions.

Ah ok that makes sense thanks. :)

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I had Rex Essentials plus Overdrive plus Soft Clouds, Texture Direct.

I like this interface a lot. It's elegant and beautiful. The choices are almost overwhelming. You can choose to have Skyforce vary on each load up in terms of clouds and textures etc. I went through the options and chose the ones I liked. Different sounds for rain, thunder, wind. Different looks for lightning.

The new moving map which you can load up your flight plan into indicates wind, precipitation systems and follows your plane along the plan. On each waypoint gives the wind and direction. The pull out panel is great giving you up to date weather information from your Departure and Arrival.

I used it for a flight with the new Capt Sim 757 and the weather returns on the radar were great. 

In terms of abrupt weather, the weather injection should be worked on to smooth out the weather input but I do occasionally get that in ActiveSky but it has largely dealt with this issue. So hopefully that is something which can be improved upon.

Other than that, love the look, textures, and the whole package.  

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

39 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

I had Rex Essentials plus Overdrive plus Soft Clouds, Texture Direct.

I like this interface a lot. It's elegant and beautiful. The choices are almost overwhelming. You can choose to have Skyforce vary on each load up in terms of clouds and textures etc. I went through the options and chose the ones I liked. Different sounds for rain, thunder, wind. Different looks for lightning.

The new moving map which you can load up your flight plan into indicates wind, precipitation systems and follows your plane along the plan. On each waypoint gives the wind and direction. The pull out panel is great giving you up to date weather information from your Departure and Arrival.

I used it for a flight with the new Capt Sim 757 and the weather returns on the radar were great. 

In terms of abrupt weather, the weather injection should be worked on to smooth out the weather input but I do occasionally get that in ActiveSky but it has largely dealt with this issue. So hopefully that is something which can be improved upon.

Other than that, love the look, textures, and the whole package.  

Performance? In dense clouds and AA

2 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Performance? In dense clouds and AA

It has an interesting feature in the Texture Settings/Texture Resolution panel which can monitor your system and adapt it to your system capabilities. I have it pretty high and find it very smooth.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

21 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

It has an interesting feature in the Texture Settings/Texture Resolution panel which can monitor your system and adapt it to your system capabilities. I have it pretty high and find it very smooth.

Nice

will give this a few months to settle in.

then I will make the purchase.

thanks for the feedback.

looks promising.

mike

OK.. I am on this again and I need some help. Any help would be appreciated. :)

I started REX (no AS) and I then started P3Dv4 and am at DFW

1) How do I tell that REX is even connected to P3D? 

2) In the sim, i the menu weather, it says I have selected "Fair Weather".

3) the REX says "Weather on standby".

4) Even though I am at DFW.. the aircraft icon on the REX Weather map shows I am somewhere in Kansas

5) I am looking out the window in my house, its cold and gloomy..But ther sim says I have nice weather at DFW.  Obviously its the standarrd "fair weather" of the sim that is in effect. REX is is not connected.  

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter