Jump to content

knutt

Better nightsky

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, knutt said:

Love p3dv4, but one thing thats annoying is the big stars. When I look up, it looks so unrealistic.  Is there any good texture replacements that you know of, to make them smaller and much denser? 

Try Autostar, a freeware program that gives you a lot of control over how stars are depicted. Search in the AVSIM library for autostarx.zip. And it does work in P3D. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

+1 for Autostar.

If you run it regularly, you will even have the major planets in the correct positions.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, RudiJG1 said:

Try Autostar, a freeware program that gives you a lot of control over how stars are depicted. Search in the AVSIM library for autostarx.zip. And it does work in P3D. 

Will look it up! :) Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, knutt said:

Love p3dv4, but one thing thats annoying is the big stars. When I look up, it looks so unrealistic.  Is there any good texture replacements that you know of, to make them smaller and much denser? 

I looked at this one: Chris Bell Creative Design Studios - Stargazer Project. Anyone with experience with this product? 

I asked Chris about this. It looks amazing but it is part of Night Environment regions. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, JasonW said:

I asked Chris about this. It looks amazing but it is part of Night Environment regions. 

Aaah so you have to get ground lightning aswell?

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...