Sign in to follow this  
Bob Marton

Seeking ORBX PNW Airport Recommendation

I have mostly used FSX with PMDG aircraft, but today I can use some GA relaxation. I have ORBX PNW scenery, and was hoping that if you fly GA in the region alot, that you might recommend a GA airport high up in a scenic area in PNW where I can take a low flying (except to avoid an errant mountain) flight looking at the beautiful scenery.

Appreciate your insight.

Bob

My favorite PNW airport is Orcas Island, however any of them are a great choice. Squamish, Concrete, Darrington ( Maybe see a big foot...lots of them reported in the Darrington area ) all are fantastic and you would be happy with which ever you choose.

• Upvote 1

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Kerry, are the airports you mention included with PNW, or are they in the ORBX NA airport freeware pack?

Any one of the mentioned PNW airports mentioned by Kerry are great as I enjoy them as well.

If you are looking for freeware airports within that same region--there are two on Vashion Island you may want to try as well as Bowerman Airport (HQM).

Others that I enjoy but are not freeware-- Jefferson County, Friday Harbor, Cushman Meadows, Starks Twin Oaks and Walter Sutton's Private Strip 

Bowerman (free)

Orcas Island (payware)

KPDX (included) is a good base to start from, assuming you have added the (free) Portland Cityscape scenery package.

Bert

KHQM (ORBX freware) is great. To the south along the coast S45 Silitz and to the north Seiko. Makes some nice coastal flying.

Dave

Don Grovestine's four freeware Canadian airports in that area are well worth getting.  They replace the FTX PNW versions and are ok for P3Dv4.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Thank you so much for the advice. It is nice a break, slow down and enjoy the scenery/

On 20/01/2018 at 6:45 PM, Bert Pieke said:

Bowerman (free)

Orcas Island (payware)

KPDX (included) is a good base to start from, assuming you have added the (free) Portland Cityscape scenery package.

Another vote for Bowerman and Orcas Island.

Also, the (free?) Vashon Island with Vashon Municipal and Wax Orchards is both fun and a challenge.

Bob,

As others mentioned, the particular airports that I listed are all available for purchase, however, Bowerman is free and it fits inside the free preview area for PNW as well, so if you are just getting started and want to see what Orbx is all about, that is a great place to start. Bowerman is fully as high quality wise as any other Orbx product, so it is a great choice!

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.