Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

Extended Pauses revisited - inviting user input.

OpenLC and too many active Vector options was a big source of performance reduction for me ... shame as it looks much better.   Does anyone know if Orbx have recompiled all their products using P3D V4 SDK and removed any compatibility issues?  I would imagine that would be a monumental task given how much scenery Orbx currently have and I would imagine may not be a "recoverable" expense.  Given the shear quantity of customer objects/buildings/etc they offer, it would be very time consuming to find the un-optimized and/or problematic items.

Hopefully Orbx will move to the Add-On method (now that it works correctly) leaving core files alone ... I don't know if that's in their RoadMap for 2018, I think their focus is on AF2, XP11, and new scenery for P3D.

Cheers, Rob.

On 23/01/2018 at 0:33 AM, Jim Young said:

Agree with molleh.  In Orbx SoCal and in the LAX area, I get massive pauses that almost feel like the sim is about to crash, especially between LAX and the city of Los Angeles.  Remove Orbx SoCal and the pauses are gone so there most be an object(s) somewhere in the area that are not compatible.  At one time it got so bad I just deactivated SoCal and moved all of the SCA files and folders to a temp direct and the files that also exist in Scenery/World/Scenery pertaining to SoCal.  But it seems to be just in the LAX area and also heading toward John Wayne International.  In that case, I got a G3D.dll or ntdll.cll crash 100% of the time when looking toward Manhattan Beach so disabled Manhattan Beach and Huntington Beach and the crashes went away.  Still get the long pauses though and in other places (no CTD's though).  When you have your LOD_Radius set to the max, there are many more objects and textures that are loading increasing the possibility of stutters.

As I've said a million times, why don't LM set aside 2 weeks to work solidly with Orbx.  It baffles me

14ppkc-6.png

no time, its all about your money only-huge gravy train lol

38 minutes ago, tooting said:

As I've said a million times, why don't LM set aside 2 weeks to work solidly with Orbx.  It baffles me

Since updating to 4.2, I have not noticed the stutters and pauses anymore.

Just flew South of LAX where I was experiencing the stutters and pauses and there is still stutters and pauses with the default aircraft.  I remembered I had not tried that since upgrading to 4.2.  Still, going North from LAX I rarely see the pauses around the city of LA like before.  I'm sure they are still there though.  I don't use autogen at all so cannot be autogen related. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

It's ORBX Vector.

Uninstall that and everything returns to nice smooth frame rates. Something about Vector seems to cause P3Dv4.2 to do big 'pauses' of about 5 seconds, every 20 seconds or so when flying over complex scenery (KLAX, Paris, London).

• Upvote 1

Ah, so that's what it is. Was flying around last night and was perplexed by those huge pauses.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 hours ago, Sethos1988 said:

Ah, so that's what it is. Was flying around last night and was perplexed by those huge pauses.

More AFCADS = more pauses.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

5 hours ago, corinoco said:

It's ORBX Vector.

I do not own Orbx vector... but then my issue is only in Orbx SoCal so far.  It could be vector in other areas.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

7 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

I do not own Orbx vector... but then my issue is only in Orbx SoCal so far.  It could be vector in other areas.

Is it not the case that elements of Vector (and more) are incorporated in ‘full fat’ regions like Southern California thus making it unnecessary to have Global Vector installed? This assumes you stick to that area, of course?

Sadly, one thing seems clear to me and that is while ORBX Global Vector could be implicated  it may not, by itself, be the primary cause. It is likely that other factors are contributing and the extent of that contribution is being determined by individual user setups and the nature of a simulator that allows such a wide degree of 3rd Party customisation. In other words this apparent complexity could make it difficult to find a universal solution that pleases everyone.

As far as I am aware (please correct me if I’m mistaken) neither ORBX nor LM are acknowledging openly that such issues exist and yet they too must have installations that are likely to be reproducing the problem. Perhaps this can be understood on several levels. Can we dare to hope that work is, in fact, progressing behind the scenes and eventually an update or appropriate guidance will put all this behind us? We can but hope. Until then we will just have to be patient, find our own workarounds or simply learn to live with it.

Mike

55 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Just installed FTX SoCol , Flight out of KSAN , A2A 250. ASP4. no pauses at the moment Jim

W7, I7 4770 @ 4 o/c gpu gtx 1080Ti.  ASP4 GTN 650.

will run test a little longer.

bob