Sign in to follow this  
Gary M Buska

updating RAAS

I recently purchased the Just Flight CRJ 700/900 and it came with a locked version of this utility 

The problem is I have discovered that the data base is incorrect as it does not have the correct runway numbers for KJAX

it uses 7/25 & 13/31 They changed not to long ago to 8/26 & 14/32 how can I update this

If this is in the wrong place feel free to move it where you want.

Good you are asking, I have the same problem in the PMDG 747/777 RAAS.  E.g. Frankfurt EDDF with Runways 25L, 25C and 25R. RAAS keeps telling me 25R when entering 25C.

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

4 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

Good you are asking, I have the same problem in the PMDG 747/777 RAAS.  E.g. Frankfurt EDDF with Runways 25L, 25C and 25R. RAAS keeps telling me 25R when entering 25C.

Mike

Yes indeed, this caught me out for a few moments on a very rainy, low vis night at EDDF.

I wonder what the RAAS policy is on updating its database for locked versions.

I might pop over to the PMDG Support Forums and enquire.

Back in a mo.

Guys,

Remember to run MakeRunways to update the runways database.

Remember that RAAS reads your scenery files directly (via the Makerunways database)

MakeRunways for FSX and P3D 1 to 3:

http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/MakeRwys.zip

MakeRunways for P3D V4 and above.

To install:

1. Drop the MakeRunways.exe in your ROOT FSX/P3D folder, not some other location.

2. Run the file.

3. Your scenery database will be scanned and the runways database will be updated.

For Runway 25, there was bug in a sound file that was corrected last fall.  

PMDG has the sound files update, and as far as I know they should have it inserted it into one of their later updates.

7 minutes ago, byork said:

Guys,

Remember that RAAS reads your scenery files directly (via the Makerunways database)

To install:

1. Drop the MakeRunways.exe in your ROOT FSX/P3D folder, not some other location.

2. Run the file.

3. Your scenery database will be scanned and the runways database will be updated.

PMDG has the sound files update, and as far as I know they should have it inserted it into one of their later updates.

There we go chaps.

Our answer.

Many thanks to you Bryan. Great little program by the way. Enhances the T7 no end. Thank you.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:14 AM, byork said:

Guys,

To install:

2. Run the file.

Hi there,

I have been having problems with FSDT KCLT scenery on P3D v4.2, RAAS does not recognizes RWY 18R and for RWY18C it calls it RWY 18R

I downloaded Makerunways and Lorby and ran both utilities, Makerunways finished and I can see FSDT KCLT listed, but going to the airport I still get the same errors...

What can I do to get this fixed?

Thanks in advance!

5 hours ago, PilotoVirtual said:

Hi there,

I have been having problems with FSDT KCLT scenery on P3D v4.2, RAAS does not recognizes RWY 18R and for RWY18C it calls it RWY 18R

I downloaded Makerunways and Lorby and ran both utilities, Makerunways finished and I can see FSDT KCLT listed, but going to the airport I still get the same errors...

What can I do to get this fixed?

Thanks in advance!

Make Runways generates the runway database based on the scenery files.  It scans the scenery files directly.

There's a chance the FSDT developer used non-standard practices when creating his scenery.

Did you run MakeRunways from within the P3D folder?

6 hours ago, byork said:

Make Runways generates the runway database based on the scenery files.  It scans the scenery files directly.

There's a chance the FSDT developer used non-standard practices when creating his scenery.

Did you run MakeRunways from within the P3D folder?

Yes, MR was run from the P3D v4.2 folder and it did created the makerunway scenery file, and in it I can see the FSDT KCLT files locations listed, I also ran the LORBY utility as recommended by Pete D

Now, my P3D install is located at a data drive D: , that would not be an issue, is it?

I opened FSDT KCLT airport with ADE and in fact all runways are labeled correct, on their forum, they claim is a RAAS issue...

Now, runway 18R at KCLT is a fairly new runway, is like RAAS is seeing an old airport, as runways 23 and 18L work fine, I also ran a Airport utility to find double entries and there's none.

I'm just baffled that I cannot find a solution to this problem...

Open up the Runways.CSV file with excel.  That's the database there that RAAS looks at.  See what it shows for your airport.

We have no control over Make Runways and the database it creates; you may also want to try the Pete Dowson forum.

Cheers,

10 hours ago, byork said:

Open up the Runways.CSV file with excel.  That's the database there that RAAS looks at.  See what it shows for your airport.

We have no control over Make Runways and the database it creates; you may also want to try the Pete Dowson forum.

Cheers,

Yup, KCLT is NOT listed on the runways.CSV file.... What would it take to add the runways manually? What is the format of this file? It appears to be:

HEADING

COORDINATES

SOMETHING

SOMETHING

RWY LENGTH

RWY ILS FREQ

I will dig in the PD Forum and see what I can find out...

Thanks!

Alright, figured it out!!!!

You HAVE to run MakeRunways TWICE for it to work in the new P3D v4.2 scenery scheme!!!

Lorby creates a scenery file that has your entire airports add-ons, you run Makerunways once to create MakeRwys_Scenery.cfg then you run it Again for it to create a correct Runways.csv

My Runways.csv now do show KCLT from FSDT

Thanks!

1 hour ago, PilotoVirtual said:

Alright, figured it out!!!!

You HAVE to run MakeRunways TWICE for it to work in the new P3D v4.2 scenery scheme!!!

Lorby creates a scenery file that has your entire airports add-ons, you run Makerunways once to create MakeRwys_Scenery.cfg then you run it Again for it to create a correct Runways.csv

My Runways.csv now do show KCLT from FSDT

Thanks!

Glad you got it sorted!

Running it twice is news to me, but the important thing is it works for you!