robbroadbent

ATC Chatter talking over comms

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Hi Dave,

I just re-initialized my PC running P2A V2.4.0.5. The PC also has Prosim (cockpit) installed. All other flight sim apps including P3DV4 are on another PC.

I am using voice commands and find that the ATC Chatter will talk over the top of me when I am transmitting on either comm or even listening to ATIS.

This never used to happen and I believe it started with the 64bit version.

Has anyone else reported this?

Best regards

Rob

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I experienced the ATC Chatter over ATIS problem.  A fix is being finalized at the moment which stops this overlap.  I didn't notice the chatter when there is ATC communication but now that you mention it I do think this is also happening.

It has made me get stuck with ptt depressed waiting for chatter to stop so I can talk.  For now just be rude and communicate with the controller over top of chatter.  :laugh:

While this shouldn't happen, when it does, try swapping the frequencies a time or two to get P2A back in sync.

I am aware of it happening right after connecting, especially if the aircraft is on a frequency like Ground from a previous flight and P2A tries to set the active Com to ATIS.  Swapping frequencies usually fixes this issue.

When working properly, pressing the PTT button will immediately cut off chatter.  Also, pressing the SayIt button to say a phrase will also immediately cut off the chatter.

Dave

I notice this will happen mostly over long readbacks like Clearance for example. I figured the "cutout" for the chatter has a time out rather than being directly attached to the PTT button being pushed.

p

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I will try the comm swap and see if that alleviates the problem. I will let you know.

Best regards

Rob

Comm swap didn't make any noticeable difference to me. 

I agree with knightracing in that it seems to happen when you have a long readback.

Best regards

Rob