Sign in to follow this  
Ratsirt

P3d V4 Foreflight Plug-in

I have a simple question in need of a simple answer: Is there no compatible plug-in which will display P3d V4 on an iPad using Foreflight? I have spent four days trying to get a friend's computer, with a newly installed P3d V4 and the plug-in from Flight1 Tech, to display on his new iPad with Foreflight installed. After all this time, I checked my own newly installed P3d V4 and it will not display on my iPad. My P3d V2 works fine. FSX works fine. Is this an incompatibility? Is this an oversight by the plug-in's producer? Did LM decide to not allow this previously successful plug-in to work?  Is a fix in the works? What's the deal?

I don't have, nor have I needed in the past, FSUIPC..ADRWTYXYZ or whatever it is, and am not interested, at this point, in getting it. Let me be perfectly honest here; I'm frustrated and not interested in a bunch of registry tweaks, try this or try that, or suggestions that I make a rag doll mock up of my computer and stick pins in it to make all this happen. I just need to know what to tell my friend who just spent $63+ for P3d V4 so he can learn to use Foreflight without having to burn gas in his airplane.....all on my recommendation.

Thanks, and I apologize for my terseness and impatience. I really am a nice guy if you get to know me.

I have not approved this post but I will respond.  

First post like this isn't going to be welcome, I suggest you find some control over your frustration.

On to your topic, I have no idea what you mean by "plug-in for Flight1 tech"?  To enable ForeFlight with P3D V4 you need to enable "Broadcast GPS data to network" (outlined in Foreflight's manual page 314), no plugin is required for P3D V4.

Rob.

We'll see how far this topic goes.  He says he's a really nice guy but trolling is not allow here so this topic has a risk of closure.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

2 hours ago, newtie said:

Will both get you underway as well.

There is no need for either of those, P3D V4 has GPS data transmission built in and it works well with Foreflight (the only thing you don't get is AI traffic).  Same for XP11.  Connection is effortless to either P3D V4 or XP11, as in there really is nothing to be done so long as they're on the same local network.

Cheers, Rob.

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

There is no need for either of those, P3D V4 has GPS data transmission built in and it works well with Foreflight (the only thing you don't get is AI traffic).  Same for XP11.  Connection is effortless to either P3D V4 or XP11, as in there really is nothing to be done so long as they're on the same local network.

Cheers, Rob.

No so.

For me, GPSOut in P3D resulted in the aircraft rotating left and right in position and shooting to my actual GPS position and then back to course. This has been posted over at the LM forums.

Connecting P3D via the iPad IP address through FSXFlight solved the problem for me.

Cheers,

Mark

Hey Mark,

Odd, I'll check with LM to see if anything has changed with GPS data broadcast (pretty sure it hasn't) ... I did notice a slight offset and when zoomed in a slight zig-zag but FF was reporting 1m accuracy ... however it visually felt more like 15m accuracy (especially Synthetic Vision).

FF claim compatibility with latest iOS (only thing changed my side).

Cheers, Rob.

I spoke briefly with the FSXFlight guy and he said the jumping to the current GPS position then back to course was a disconnect/reconnect issue which makes sense. Connecting via IP fixed it with no problems since.

Mark

I attempted to post this this morning. Is there something in this that has violated something? I also have been unable to PM Jim or Rob in an attempt to sort things out. I'm really confused about how I may have offended anyone and how I may have violated the ToS.

--------------------------------

Jim and Rob, I'm confused by the cool reception here. What is it I'm doing which classifies me as a "Troll"? What discord am I sowing? I have read the ToS and cannot see where I have violated any. Why would my post not be welcome?

My post mentioned a "plug-in from Flight1tech" not "for". I was referring to flight1tech.com (Tried to paste the link here but then could not get rid of blue font and underlining), who had provided the requisite plug-in free of charge for FSX and previous versions of P3d.

At any rate, I did as you suggested and all is well on both my and my friend's computers. I was unaware of the change from the plug-in requirement to the incorporation into P3dV4, and visits to forums rendered much confusion.

I appreciate the help.

30 minutes ago, Ratsirt said:

I attempted to post this this morning. Is there something in this that has violated something? I also have been unable to PM Jim or Rob in an attempt to sort things out. I'm really confused about how I may have offended anyone and how I may have violated the ToS.

New members must have their topics and posts approved by a moderator first. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

49 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

New members must have their topics and posts approved by a moderator first. 

Understood. My first one showed up pretty quickly so I, mistakenly, thought this more recent one would show up sooner. No problem. I'll wait.

Thanks

I use FSXFlight with no issues.  Also displays AI or multiplayer environment traffic.

When P3d 4 came out, I switched over to GPS broadcast because FSXflight was glitchy. I did miss the traffic information, which is not included in GPS broadcast. I fired up FSX flight for the first time in a long time, and it worked perfectly for both GPS and traffic. After, of course, I configured ForeFlight, and stopped using GPS broadcast. 

I use  the tool XMapsy V3.

It works well with foreflight and supports both the simulation and the GDL90 mode.

XMapsy sends position, AHRS and traffic data from the P3d to ForeFlight and is therefore more powerful than the built-in GPS broadcast of the P3d.
You can see the simulators AI traffic (including Vatsim traffic) in Foreflight - thats cool.

You can download a Testversion at Https://xmapsy.com

• Like 1