Sign in to follow this  
tjrush

Indexer stalls on Weather\Themes

Trying to install 7.41 and the installer hangs on weather/themes.  Any ideas on how to get the installer to complete?

Tom

36 minutes ago, tjrush said:

Trying to install 7.41 and the installer hangs on weather/themes.  Any ideas on how to get the installer to complete?

There is already a thread on this topic:

It seems to be related to a problem with add on software.

I have the  same Problem too!
If I remove the folder "Weather" the indexer stucks at the next follder ... and so on ....
Without any addon airports it has worked fine!
But I can not deinstall all my 30 addon airports only for testing the VoxATC indexer .....

In my case DD NY Airports added an empty add-on.xml file to the add-ons directory.even though the scenery was not installed in the add-ons directory.  I removed this entry and all was well.

Tom

On 2/27/2018 at 6:58 AM, koli said:

I have the  same Problem too!
If I remove the folder "Weather" the indexer stucks at the next follder ... and so on ....
Without any addon airports it has worked fine!
But I can not deinstall all my 30 addon airports only for testing the VoxATC indexer .....

As was explained in the original thread on this topic, you have an inconsistency in your add-ons as tjrush discovered above for his setup. You need to look over both scenery.cfg and the two add-on.cfg files, one located in your PROGRAMDATA system folder and one in your APPDATA system folder. You will probably find  either a duplicate entry or a typo. If that doesn't reveal anything, then look over all the add-on.xml files also.

Maybe old topic, but I had this problem and found on youtube:

Disable the top Addon in the addon menu inside Prepar3d and then run the indexer. Afterwards activate again.

This worked for me and is a very fast fix!

Edited by rob0203