Sign in to follow this  
twister1853

Frame freezing

Hi

Just installed FSX PMDG 737 NGX and started tutorial 1.  I've meet a recuring problem that I have with my FSX.  Everything seems OK when preparing a flight (or even in flight) and then occasionally, the sim' stops me selecting  different views with a click of my joystick.  It happened again as I was going through tutorial 1, where some time is spent setting things up.  It just seems to freeze up and the only way out is to close FSX.  I know it's not a PMGD problem but I'm having no luck looking for a solution.  Can anyone help me?  Thanks.

Ray 

can you please look at your event viewer if and what it says to the freeze?

do you have highmemfix =1 added to your FSX.cfg? (under [graphics])

Please note that PMDG requires everyone to sign all of their posts with the full name..

I'm sorry but I can't interpret the Event Viewer.  Could you help with interpreting the Event Viewer?   I have highmemfix=1 added to FSX.cfg .

I have occasionally been getting a message that says 'memory full' (whatever that means - to many things running in the background?).  Could this be the cause of the problem?

I have not used the correct signature because when I click on the link given at the top on how to set up a forum signature, i.e.

http://forum.avsim.net/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=signature2

it says file unavailable.

6 hours ago, twister1853 said:

I have not used the correct signature because

Nothing prevents you from typing your signature:  Dan Downs

Dan Downs KCRP

I'm still looking for help in solve my "freezing" of views problem described in my post.

A helper has suggested I could be having a VAS (virtual address space) situation and this could be the problem.

I've looked at my Win'8.1 "view all problems search" to see if it can shed any light on my problem of the "freezing" of views.  It shows 3 problems with FSX.  The fault module names were: DSOUND.dll, ai_player.dll and jf_sound.GAU . I've taken the liberty of giving the complete information for the 3 problems below.  I'm way out of my depth here.  So Im hoping someone can say if these highlighted problems are the source of my "freezing" of views. 

*Description*

Faulting Application Path: D:\FSX\fsx.exe

*Problem signature*

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61637.0

Application Timestamp: 46fadb14

Fault Module Name: DSOUND.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.3.9600.17415

Fault Module Timestamp: 54504746

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0001086f

OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 5861

Additional Information 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2

Additional Information 3: d2dd

Additional Information 4: d2ddcae25462e2b2f29684f70c88f75a

*Extra information about the problem*

Bucket ID: bbed00706bf7350cf63cb55236b944cd (73671865538)

*Description*

*Problem signature*

Fault Module Name: ai_player.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.61637.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 46fadb57

Exception Offset: 00037489

Additional Information 1: 5861

Additional Information 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2

Additional Information 3: d2dd

Additional Information 4: d2ddcae25462e2b2f29684f70c88f75a

Bucket ID: 1417265f5b09560b8b850c18933bd845 (550231553)

*Description*

*Problem signature*

Fault Module Name: jf_sound.GAU

Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 4f477589

Exception Offset: 0000a3fe

Bucket ID: 616c8bd910e3f3caae2438aae02fff7a (-1413735957)

2 hours ago, twister1853 said:

jf_sound.GAU

None of the dlls are ours, but this one is a gauge. This shouldn't be getting loaded if our aircraft has been loaded, so something is out of sorts here. Google returns results for a Panavia Tornado add-on. Might you be using that as AI traffic, or is it your default aircraft when you load the sim?

Avoid loading any other aircraft prior to loading ours, per the Intro Manual. Additionally, make sure your default flight uses one of the default aircraft that comes with the sim (make sure the aircraft that is spinning in the Create A Flight screen when you first load the sim is one of the default planes like the Trike or Cessna).

In any case, none of those dlls or gau files refer to issues with our aircraft. You may want to look through the AVSIM CTD guide (linked on the right side of your screen), or post in the CTD forum.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I do have a Tornado payware addon but have not flown it in FSX for some time.

My default flight uses the "Boeing 737-800NGX PMDG House Winglets".  This is what I see spinning in the Create a Flight screen. 

You say:

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

make sure the aircraft that is spinning in the Create A Flight screen when you first load the sim is one of the default planes like the Trike or Cessna

Page 5 of Tutorial #1 says

There is no need to first load the Cessna 172, or use any sort of custom saved flight when loading the PMDG 737NGX  -------- You can safely load the airplane straight from Free Flight.

Would you class my problem as a CTD?

Raymond Smyth

1 hour ago, twister1853 said:

My default flight uses the "Boeing 737-800NGX PMDG House Winglets".  This is what I see spinning in the Create a Flight screen. 

Do not use the NGX as your default flight, instead select it from Free Flight with the Trike spinning in the window.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,

I'm confused by your post.  As I quoted above from Tutorial #1, it says it is not necessary to to load a Cessna 172 or other aircraft (Trike?) first.  Yet others have said one should.

There is no need to first load the Cessna 172, or use any sort of custom saved flight when loading the PMDG 737NGX  -------- You can safely load the airplane straight from Free Flight.

Could you clarify this point?  Thanks.

I do have a Tornado payware addon but have not flown it in FSX for some time.

Right, but something is loading it into your sim's memory, because the crash report is referencing it. How this is happening, I don't know. I didn't make it, and I haven't set up your sim. It isn't our code, though, so...it's causing a problem, but it's not quite something I can help you solve, because it isn't ours.

This is a problem, as I referenced above. Please ensure that you read the Intro Manual.

Would you class my problem as a CTD?

Correct, but you're misreading this...

The tutorial is saying that you don't first have to load into an actual flight with the 172. It is not telling you that you can use any aircraft that you'd like as the default flight.

Basically, you do not need to set up a flight using the 172. Launch the sim such that you're flying the 172, and then change to the 737.

Either way, please follow my direction earlier. Your point here is that you don't understand the tutorial. My point overrides both: your default flight is causing an issue.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you Kyle for your reply and guidence.

Just to confirm my understanding of you directions:

At the moment when I launch FSX and select Free Flight, I see the default situation I have previously created, with the Aircreation Trike Ultralight as the current aircraft and it is rotating in the window.  There is also the current location chosen, together with the current weather and current time and season.  I am now load the PMDG 737NGX directly from this Free Flight.  Is this the correct procedure?

Raymond