Sign in to follow this  

Hi, I have been looking for a PC that would run FSX SE and normal games at least half decent. 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypower-desktop-intel-core-i7-7700k-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-240gb-solid-state-drive-1tb-hard-drive-black-gray/6030300.p?skuId=6030300

I know it's prebuilt, but it looks great to me. Can you guys tell me if this is any good for FSX SE?

Thank you!

The basic specs look good , but.... Mother board spec?, whose cooling system?, The case doesn't look like it breathes too well, and the power supply spec. I was looking at an Alienware Area 51; they want $3400 for it. But I would say the one you're looking at is up to the task. 

Dwight Heyer

Take a look at what Jetlinesystem offers and see how it matches up as far as components?

Looks pretty decent for the price?

Maybe not the best quality components- but it's still a good rig.  With the stupid bitcoin mining the cost of a gtx 1080 alone is 800 bucks.

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I think if it were me. I'd throw out the HDD and get a 1TB SSD and be done with it. I have a 250 GB SSD and a HDD and the SSD just isn't big enough. I also do video work on my rig and the SSD fills up fast, so I keep having to clean it out. Next build will have SSD only.

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Looks fine for a prebuilt.  Seems the company use whatever brand components they have in at the time.  Only thing I would be worried about is the brand of psu, but you could easily swap that out down the line

• Upvote 1

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:28 PM, mcmini said:

I know it's prebuilt, but it looks great to me. Can you guys tell me if this is any good for FSX SE?

Have you looked at the Jetline Systems computers?  They build a very nice machine that is excellent for flight simming. 

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

1 hour ago, Bluestar said:

Have you looked at the Jetline Systems computers?  They build a very nice machine that is excellent for flight simming. 

Have you seen the prices?

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

44 minutes ago, Charlatan said:

Have you seen the prices?

Not sure whose "prices" you are talking about?  I own a Jetline computer for flight simming only and am in the process of buying one to replace my aging work computer.  The prices of the Jetline system seemed fair to me considering what I was getting and the after sale support.  

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

I actually think of getting a chillblast PC. The one that says "SKALARKI home edition PC", that one seems pretty great for a reasonable price. I would build myself a rig, but i'm just too lazy...

Jetline. They are about 1000 dollars more for the same spec. The 1700 the op was looking at for his system would get him an i3 with a 1050 with jetline

UKV6427

1 hour ago, mcmini said:

I actually think of getting a chillblast PC. The one that says "SKALARKI home edition PC", that one seems pretty great for a reasonable price. I would build myself a rig, but i'm just too lazy...

You can build anything..even a house these days with You tube video tutorials. To busy with work is understandable but lazy ? what else e you gonna do when not drinking beer and flying? And yes i speak from experience :biggrin:

ZORAN

I had a Sandisk Ultrq Pro 500GB and ran out of room. I just installed a Sumsung 1T 960 Pro m.2 NVMe.

Now when I load a different Aircraft into FSX the list come up almost instantly. I have all the FSX + the PMDG variants, or at least a ton of em. It's a really fast drive.

ASUS VI extreme , 16GB Ram running @ 3200, A Ryzen 1800 @ 4000. I get decent FPS's. The machine is working well  The mobo has a gaming pre-set that allows for the overclock.

Best

BaldyB