Sign in to follow this  
manuthie

Terminal Kit (many pics)

While this doesn't seem to get much attention the new Terminal Kit is a major improvement for Lego Brick Airports. It will probably help to create much more detailed airports and reduce the "all default airports look the same" effect. There also is an interesting tutorial video by Jan Vogel.

Today I decided to download a few airports from the Scenery Gateway that are not yet part of X-Plane but probably will be added in the next beta version. Featuring CYVR (Vancouver International), I tried to create a few screenshots to compare the current default airport and the upcoming default airport that makes use of the new terminal kit:

Current default:

Cessna_172SP_79.jpg

Upcoming default:

Cessna_172SP_81.jpg

Current default:

Cessna_172SP_80.jpg

Upcoming default:

Cessna_172SP_82.jpg

Current default:

Cessna_172SP_84.jpg

Upcoming default:

Cessna_172SP_83.jpg

Current default:

Cessna_172SP_85.jpg

Upcoming default:

Cessna_172SP_86.jpg

Here are a few additional screenshots that showcase whats currently possible with the Lego Brick system and the new Terminal Kit:

Airport ZSHC (Hangzhou Xiaoshan International):

Cessna_172SP_87.jpg

Cessna_172SP_88.jpg

Cessna_172SP_89.jpg

Cessna_172SP_90.jpg

Cessna_172SP_91.jpg

Airport ZPPP (Kunming Changshui Intl):

Cessna_172SP_92.jpg

Cessna_172SP_93.jpg

Cessna_172SP_94.jpg

This just got me exited and I had to share it. Sorry if I bored you :smile:.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Nothing boring about it! That's a huge improvement over the old style.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

I agree... that looks really nice!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

So - in an attempt to get familiar with WED (once again big thumps up to Jan for his tutorial videos on the subject) - I started tinkering with this stuff today. To my surprise I noticed that the documentation page has been updated the other day and now shows 4 different wall styles (glass and steel - as seen in the screenshots above, concrete, beige/yellowish bricks and red bricks) for all the facade types. This is getting better and better :smile:. Besides - whoever maintains that documentation page - he/she does a fantastic job - it is very well arranged, extensive and helpful.

Unfortunately the new wall styles don't show up in WED yet. I guess I will have to wait for an update to get those.

Edited by manuthie

They've come a long way with it for sure. Part of me wishes for more though - the GA side of things could really use more love. But then the other part of me that enjoys NOT being addicted to WED is rather hoping they stop there. :happy:

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

10 hours ago, manuthie said:

So - in an attempt to get familiar with WED (once again big thumps up to Jan for his tutorial videos on the subject) - I started tinkering with this stuff today. To my surprise I noticed that the documentation page has been updated the other day and now shows 4 different wall styles (glass and steel - as seen in the screenshots above, concrete, beige/yellowish bricks and red bricks) for all the facade types. This is getting better and better :smile:. Besides - whoever maintains that documentation page - he/she does a fantastic job - it is very well arranged, extensive and helpful.

Unfortunately the new wall styles don't show up in WED yet. I guess I will have to wait for an update to get those.

This is a preview for the upcoming X-Plane version 11.20beta (one step up from 11.20vr6 preview that we are on now). That beta will include new art assets (new variations of the terminal kit and a few more VERY NICE surprises), new Gateway airports and much more...

Cheers, Jan

By "... a few more VERY NICE surprises ..." I guess you were talking about the customizable jetways? That's another very nice addition indeed. I am also amazed by the amount of new (1315) and updated (305) scenery gateway airports in this release.

13 hours ago, manuthie said:

By "... a few more VERY NICE surprises ..." I guess you were talking about the customizable jetways? That's another very nice addition indeed. I am also amazed by the amount of new (1315) and updated (305) scenery gateway airports in this release.

Yep, thats what I had in mind.

I agree - the pace (and quality) of submissions is rising very nicely - if things keep going this way, we will have most airports fleshed out in the near future!

Cheers, Jan