Sign in to follow this  
alpilotx

Release of UHD Mesh Scenery v4 for X-Plane 11

Release of UHD Mesh Scenery v4 for X-Plane 11

DYzR2fUIwcDVGo3kA18bgDDeOgNbMNDhVaHdx49k

UHD Mesh Scenery v4 can be seen as a vastly improved version of the default scenery shipping with XP11. It is using/referencing the exact same set of artwork files (textures, object, autogens, forests) which ship with XP11, so you do not need other art assets to be installed while UHD Mesh Scenery v4 will also benefit from any artwork improvements (autogen, texture) coming with future XP11 versions.

General Characteristics of UHD Mesh Scenery v4 are identical to those of HD Mesh Scenery v4 (you can read those on its own page). The advantages of UHD Mesh Scenery v4 are:

• Uses 30m DEM data (instead of 90m DEMs)!
  • Landclass data for some areas (USA West, Europe Alps, Europe Pyrenees, Japan, New Zealand) was re-created with very high resolution (compared to the data used in HD Mesh Scenery v4)  resulting in even better landclass representation.
  • The triangle mesh resolution a lot higher than in HD Mesh Scenery v4:
    • this give - obviously - even better representation of the 30m DEM data (slopes, mountains etc.)
    • BUT this also vastly(!) improves the landclass data representation (which in X-Plane is very closely coupled with the triangle size in the mesh). This is most obvious with forest detail.
  • OSM data is updated (its "date stamp" is 10th January 2018) . Which makes it newer than the data in UHD Mesh Scenery v4.

Coverage

1xyEGLPFupELnSIAJrDOkp7RDf-ITZ8kkJQ0J6Zk

• New Zealand
  • Japan
  • Europe - Pyrenees
  • Europe - Alps
  • Europe - Scandinavia
  • USA - West (3 files, 1/2/3)
  • Canada - West (3 files, 1/2/3)

Important Warnings!

• The scenery requires at least X-Plane 11.00 !!! IT WILL NOT WORK WITH X-Plane 10.xx!
  • 32 GBytes of RAM are highly recommended (64 GBytes are optimal)! Some areas might work with 16 GBytes of RAM too, but there it is very likely you will quickly run into some OOM issues!

Official Site

All other (continuously updated) information, download links and important instructions can be found on the official UHD Mesh Scenery v4 Site:

Please read the instructions carefully, as not following them might result in a broken installation!

Screenshots

Here are the official screenshots accompanying the release of UHD Mesh Scenery v4. Just follow the links to my Google Photos albums:

jgQGqTMKDHVZEHa1RiDJ8LM6YziZNuBhOqqZDnsGrdiVbGug1hOw78DgyUM3RcKthzSoM4X9Y9fOvjcznhXqIy62q2QX2hgSiIs1Ci78vHxDHc-y6USREmMMxIpUGj1FFjU-GUlVOTybWjXIuKG1klNvYC0r-9wDTB37kekm66ZqqjgutKBPM_6ZLtiPwdT_UuwowN4jQyeyVcNH0lfN3MOifEpj9UOQ_9Ag66x1IcOvrXhRqcGogDqjZOEB42KdRjpBfPVLVEcVqMuIZoNyy5QhidcfAj89BYn_ild8S_MQiQNB6JG7BdyXyzxGEIwq

Have Fun!

Edited by alpilotx
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Installing now. Thank you, sir!  Glad that I just upgraded my download speed!

Edited by Sesquashtoo

JC alpilotx you are going to make spend money in ram, disks, and probably a new cpu, i hate you!!

Edited by dmarques69

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Took my first flight.  Simply life-like. Fabulous. Again...thank you, Andras.  This, takes XP (please excuse the pun..not intended...lol) to totally new visual levels...

I downloaded everything but Japan.

Between this area of UHD coverage, and Ortho4XP...my wife can slide food under the door....

Cheers!

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

JC alpilotx you are going to make spend money in ram, disks, and probably a new cpu, i hate you!!

I have only 12 GB's of system RAM in my system. I have XP11.20b3 cranked right up. Enviro 1.6.  Beautiful scenery, 22-30 FPS, and no OOM's, using G.A. and business class jets.

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Wonderful, thank you all the work you do Andras. Can't wait to try out NZ

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I have only 12 GB's of system RAM in my system. I have XP11.20b3 cranked right up. Enviro 1.6.  Beautiful scenery, 22-30 FPS, and no OOM's, using G.A. and business class jets.

Hmm ... might be lucky, but are you 100% sure that install was correct? Checked Log.txt (which is the only way to have 100% truth :biggrin:)?

1 hour ago, alpilotx said:

Hmm ... might be lucky, but are you 100% sure that install was correct? Checked Log.txt (which is the only way to have 100% truth :biggrin:)?

Yep...working like a charm...sitting above HDv4.0  and log is loading.  :)))

1519 Custom Scenery/zzz_uhd_global_scenery4/
1520 Custom Scenery/zzz_hd_global_scenery4/
1521 Global Scenery/X-Plane 11 Demo Areas/
1522 Global Scenery/X-Plane 11 Global Scenery/

New Zealand rocks the socks! :))))))))))))

Edited by Sesquashtoo

6 minutes ago, Patriot3810 said:

i have 32gb of ddr4 and i use around 22gb and 10gb of vram of 11gb

I don't seem to be suffering, having a max system RAM of 12GB!  Looks fantastic.

3 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

As long you have the pagefile setted to auto or with enough size no oom is going to bother you, but more I/O is going to happen and stutters can appear, even on an SSD. Im having that with orthos with high zoom levels, ram on full, everytime some other scenery loads like x-europe, stutter alert!!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

7 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

As long you have the pagefile setted to auto or with enough size no oom is going to bother you, but more I/O is going to happen and stutters can appear, even on an SSD. Im having that with orthos with high zoom levels, ram on full, everytime some other scenery loads like x-europe, stutter alert!!

Going beyond 12 GB System RAM, is not an option on my MB.  So...I'm quite thankful for the experience I have with XP11.x   22-33 FPS is a good situation for me....with no chunk or major stutter.  I just don't sneeze around my XP folder...just in case, lol.  Cheers,

15 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

1519 Custom Scenery/zzz_uhd_global_scenery4/

1520 Custom Scenery/zzz_hd_global_scenery4/
1521 Global Scenery/X-Plane 11 Demo Areas/
1522 Global Scenery/X-Plane 11 Global Scenery/

New Zealand rocks the socks! :))))))))))))

That is NOT the proof !

THIS is what you need to check for:

http://www.alpilotx.net/downloads/x-plane-11-uhd-mesh-scenery-v4/#How_to_know_if_the_installation_was_correct

1 hour ago, alpilotx said:

Oh..ok..I'll do that right now, and look for the DSF string...will report back...

No DSF loading time string associated with the UHD folder.   I guess that I was running under the assumed-it's-working...Jedi Mind Trick.  Bummer...

Does this mesh work with Ortho4XP tiles listed above it in the Scenery.cfg file?  Any suggestions, to why it might not be loading in, where I was taking a flight around Vancouver?

Post Edit 2:  Ok...I have a DSF loading for your HD Mesh v4, which is sitting just below the UHD  4 mesh folder, in my Scenery.cfg file.  I have been trying to see it around Vancouver, B.C. and Campbell River, B.C.  Does your UHD mesh cover that...and another question...if you don't plop yourself down within what UHD coverage you have...will this package load into XP11 with DSF load time references?  Perhaps I am not plunking myself down within its scope.  Please give me an airport that you know is within its scope..and I will try to see if XP11 loads in DSF load in times for the UHD.  Funny that XP11 is loading in the v4 folder just below the uhd..but NOT the uhd...

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Andras, many  thanks for your work! Works on my system (made the log.txt test) and it looks fantastic. I have only 16GB ram but it works.