abh_jc_03

Fsx ground texture problem

I have FTX global and I’m not sure what’s going on. I’m flying over Virginia and part of my land is spring and then all of a sudden it is snow. Spring is set in fsx as time and season. Any thoughts?

Are you using any weather engine?

Bill

Edited by scianoir

The western part of Virginia did see a significant snow storm on Saturday.

But would that make the ground covered in snow?  I could see precipitation being snow but the ground?  Out my left window was snow covered ground and about my right, right across a river was green. 

I've had the same thing and I'm pretty sure it is normal.  For me in the midwest, as I move north out of OK the areas of snow covered ground get more prevalent.  I'm pretty sure it is suppose to do but regardless, its a pretty cool feature in my mind (especially since in the midwest we do get a lot of variation over a stretch of 100 miles in real life). 

Unfortunately, FSX nor any weather engine that I am aware of does transitions from snow cover to no snow cover very well.  As for the snow storm in Virginia this past weekend, there was several inches of accumulation.