Sign in to follow this  
Hooligan01

FSX Airplane Loading Issues

Hey, so I'm having an issue that I've searched all over the internet for and can't find a solution.  I'm having an issue when I load some of my add-on aircraft, to where when I load them, certain functions on my joystick won't work on the aircraft.  The odd issue is, while this happens at some airports, say KTUL, if I move the aircraft to KSEA, everything works fine.  The only scenery program I have is FTX and I only run Global and Vector, so its not like its a "regional" software add-on that is causing the issue.  I'm having this issue with both A2A and PMDG aircraft.  I am running FSX Acceleration-Boxed with just a basic joystick.  I have ran the install "repair" of FSX and that hasn't resolved any of the issues.  I have also tried reinstalling the aircraft and no change either.  Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

I have had the occasional fairly rare instance where the levers/switches on my yoke won't function after I load FSX. When this has happened I have always just shut down FSX and, on restarting it, everything functions normally. I have never tried moving the aircraft to another airport but I would be surprised if scenery has any bearing on this problem. In saying that I have no idea why the problem occurred on my system but I assumed that the control settings had not loaded properly on the first attempt to start FSX. What may be relevant however is that on most of the occasions where I have experienced this problem I had started FSX with an addon aircraft rather than one of the default aircraft. Now I routinely start FSX with a default aircraft and I have not had this problem for a few years.

Bill

I'm not sure what's causing your issue, but a work around might be to load a default aircraft, such as the C172,  Then change to the aircraft you want once you're at the airport you want to fly from.

iFly recommends this, as does a couple of other developers of sophisticated aircraft. 

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Thank you for your replies.  I too have started loading a default aircraft first and then switching to an add-on and that does help some of the time, but only in certain situations.  I'm just completely lost as to why some add-ons work in certain areas and no in others. And of course in the areas that the planes won't work, are the areas that I really enjoy flying in, which is quite disappointing (but doesn't surprise me at the same time).  Once again, thank you for the replies!

I was trying to think, are there any files buried in FSX that are somehow reloading the previous state of the aircraft when I use it.  Cause if that was the case, I'd be caught in a loop that would just keep going.  I'm not aware of any type of files like that, but  I am not very smart when it comes to all of the inner-workings of FSX.

Are you launching from a saved flight or the default trike at Friday Harbor scenario? Saved flights may include some parameters that cause initialization issues with sophisticated add on aircraft.

I almost always do a new flight and rarely load a saved one.  But I've tried new, default Friday Harbor, saved, just hoping one of them would somehow work but I've run into the same problem regardless.   Thank you!!

Have you checked the control settings and assignments for the joystick buttons etc when this happens to see if any have been deactivated?

Bill

Also, when that happens, try disconnecting and re-connecting the controller without changing anything.

Bruce

I have tried disconnect and reconnecting and it does not solve the issue.  I have looked into the settings and all of the controls are set the same whether it is working or not.  I was hoping it would be something like that where i could just create a new profile or something along those things, but unfortunately it isn't the solution.  As always, thank you everyone for your continued suggestions!!!