Sign in to follow this  
ELE_18_36

Weather problems FSX

Good morning! I'm Italian and I don't speek english well! So,I use google translate....i hope you understand. 

Italian:

Non so a voi ma a me il meteo di fsx non mi soddisfa affatto! Ho gia scaricato, per risolvere alcuni problemi ,rex 4 che ha sistemato molte cose come il realismo delle texture delle nuvole. Ma nonostante questo ottimo prodotto sono altre le cose orrende a livello di simulazione del gioco. Sono essenzialmente due le cose che vorrei sistemare in ogni modo sia con prodotti payware che freeware(per il meteo fino ad ora ho installato solo rex 4).

1) Quando si entra dentro una nuvola essa si dissolve senza dare mai la realistica opportunità di vedere l'ala immersa nelle nuvole. È come se il gioco prevedendo che l'aereo sta per entrare nella nuvola decide di farla scomparire. È molto fastidioso!

2)Questo problema l'ho notato recentemente e mi sarà successo gia due o tre volte. Ieri stavo a Gatwick e il meteo reale faceva in modo che piovesse a Londra. Se impostavo la visuale da dietro l'aereo,nel cockpit o nell'ala, fsx non dava segni di pioggia e la pista era asciutta. Se invece impostavo la visuale in modo da guardare la parte d'avanti,il muso dell'aereo appariva la pioggia e la pista era bagnata. Che cretinata è mai questa?

English: (Google translate please, do your job well😅😓)

I do not know about you but the fsx weather does not satisfy me at all! I have already downloaded, to solve some problems, rex 4 that has arranged many things like the realism of the texture of the clouds. But despite this great product are other horrible things in terms of game simulation. They are essentially two things that I would like to settle in any way with both payware and freeware (for the weather so far I have only installed rex 4).

1) When you enter a cloud it dissolves without ever giving the realistic opportunity to see the wing immersed in the clouds. It is as if the game, foreseeing that the plane is about to enter the cloud, decides to make it disappear. It's very annoying!

2) This problem I noticed recently and it will have happened to me two or three times. Yesterday I was in Gatwick and the real weather made it rain in London. If I set the view from behind the plane, in the cockpit or in the wing, fsx gave no signs of rain and the track was dry. If instead I set the view in order to look forward, the nose of the plane appeared to be rainy and the track was wet. What stupid is this ever?

WELCOME! Google translate seems to have done a great job. The only Italian I understand is Lamborghini   sorry. :blush: I think that you might have to purchase Rex Soft Clouds to get the effect you want.

By default rain does not display in FSX VC view. Only in the 2d forward view. Microsoft did not implement the coding from FS9 There are one or two specific aeroplanes where the developer has coded such an effect. 

I hope this translates well enough for you to understand.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

18 hours ago, ELE_18_36 said:

1) When you enter a cloud it dissolves without ever giving the realistic opportunity to see the wing immersed in the clouds. It is as if the game, foreseeing that the plane is about to enter the cloud, decides to make it disappear. It's very annoying!

To get volumetric effect with the wings fading when you go into clouds you’ll need to buy Active Sky Next weather engine which provides this effect. I own it and it’s pretty neat to see the wings or the whole plane disseaper into the clouds. 

REX Soft Clouds are just a texture replacement and will not provide that effect. As far as I know, Active Sky Next is the only alternative.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

16 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

To get volumetric effect with the wings fading when you go into clouds you’ll need to buy Active Sky Next weather engine which provides this effect. I own it and it’s pretty neat to see the wings or the whole plane disseaper into the clouds. 

Yes I agree - I use Rex textures (because I purchased Rex E+OD first) with the Active Sky weather engine and the results are very impressive. 

Bill

On 4/3/2018 at 3:45 AM, ELE_18_36 said:

Addendum to my first response. You can get AS2016 rather than Active Sky Next. I have both and use AS2016 as it’s newer. I can’t remember if ASN does the wing fade. You’d have to look at the product page.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator