Sign in to follow this  
b757

FSDT add-on manager

Has anyone else had issues since updating the add-on manager from FSDT? Initially after the update, I was getting CTD every time. I have spent more than 2 hours trying to get this fixed. I at least got the sim to open back up, but now, none of my FSDT airports work. I have gone through all the repair processes, reinstalled the latest add-on manager, but still no luck. I haven't go a clue what is causing the issue, but it is almost like it isn't connecting to simconnect anymore. I was getting the error posted below. If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix it, I would be very appreciative!

Source
Couatl™ Scripting Engine for FSX/ESP

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎4/‎12/‎2018 1:30 PM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Addon Manager\couatl\Couatl.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: Couatl.exe
Application Version: 3.2.0.3985
Application Timestamp: 5ac56e9f
Fault Module Name: ucrtbase.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.16299.248
Fault Module Timestamp: dcc3eab0
Exception Offset: 0009348b
Exception Code: c0000409
Exception Data: 00000007
OS Version: 10.0.16299.2.0.0.256.4
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 08e6
Additional Information 2: 08e63891c6b1449e8f9873e4dfe84e23
Additional Information 3: 8dcb
Additional Information 4: 8dcb3d88317f47af14392e03b7e379a1

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 1f61f323cfd4de1ca0a923fb8d4c9aaf (1200530338985319087)

P3D v4, REX SF3D, AS16, ENVTex, PTA 2.60, FSDT KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, KORD, KJFK, KSFD, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT FlightBeam KDEN, KIAD, KPHX, KSFO, KMSP

ASUS Z97 Pro + Wifi, Intel i7 4990k 4.0GHz, EVGA NVidia 970 4GB DDR5, Corsair 16GB DDR3 2400, Samsung SSD 850 250GB, 2x Acer 32" Monitor

Its nearly always anti virus. Disable and download again

ZORAN

Not only that, but GSX always seems to have some sort of problem one way or another. 

Nearly every flight after my airplane is done boarding, once I am ready to request for pushback GSX always gets stuck at "Departure clearance requested". Without fail, I have to reset my position.

I don't even bother to post at FSDT because I find Umberto incredibly rude, and 99% of his replies are unhelpful and always lashing back at the customer. It is basically talking to a brick wall.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

once I am ready to request for pushback GSX always gets stuck at "Departure clearance requested". Without fail, I have to reset my position.

Whenever I get this I restart Couatl from the Couatl pull down menu then request pushback.

I haven’t had an issue with Windows defender messing up Coualt before but it seems like it doesn’t connect to sim connect anymore. It seems that every update screws something up which is why I don’t like to update stuff from FSDT. I agree @Mitch24 that it is hard to get an actual answer from FSDT. There are 5 other topics started all about the add on manager and apparently, it isn’t add on manager’s fault, even though that is the only thing that has changed. FSDT has great products but I don’t plan on purchasing anymore from them until they find a new engine that doesn’t mess stuff up. I will continue to work on it and see if the antivirus is causing it to mess up. 

P3D v4, REX SF3D, AS16, ENVTex, PTA 2.60, FSDT KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, KORD, KJFK, KSFD, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT FlightBeam KDEN, KIAD, KPHX, KSFO, KMSP

ASUS Z97 Pro + Wifi, Intel i7 4990k 4.0GHz, EVGA NVidia 970 4GB DDR5, Corsair 16GB DDR3 2400, Samsung SSD 850 250GB, 2x Acer 32" Monitor

There  was  a post  earlier in a  week   similar   to this  issue  that  was  caused  by  not everyone  was  updated  to   the latest  p3d   version  and  there  was   a  issue  with  the  p3d  v2  version  with  the  latest  version of  the  fdst   addon manger,  the  latest  version   from   fdst  works  with the  updated  version of  p3d  but  not  the  earlier  ones

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I am running the latest P3D v4.2 and latest add on manager. I have uninstalled and reinstalled add on manager multiple times along with repairing P3D just to get the sim to work again. Only thing left that I know of is uninstalled and reinstall FSDT airports. 

This is not the place for getting support for FSDT products. As everybody knows, we always help users with problem, sometimes even going through the extra mile and assisting them with Teamviewer.

As of today, all those that followed this advice, got their sim working again in perfect shape, and all of them were grateful to have me pointing them out to their existing issues in their system which MADE the software crash.

Your comment about not connecting to Simconnect, seems to give some clue about what the possible issue might be so, if you could contact me in private, either by email (FSDT support email), or on the FSDT forum, I would like to have a look at your system with Teamviewer, to see what's wrong with it.

The "everytime an update happens, there are problems" comment HAS a logical explanation.

Some antivirus blocks the software JUST because it's NEW. This happens with every software: I keep getting false positive reports from Chrome when I try to download open source free utilities that everybody knows are safe, yet it still tries to prevent me from downloading, just because a file it's updated very often, sometimes it's flagged as "dangerous", just because it hasn't earned enough "reputation" to be considered safe.

**Update**

Umberto was able to find the issue related to this problem. I had an outdated FSUIPC. After installing the latest version and deleting the previousflight.wx, it worked! Thanks to FSDT support for this solution. I just want to post here in case others have the same issue.

• Upvote 1

On 4/13/2018 at 12:44 PM, Mitch24 said:

Not only that, but GSX always seems to have some sort of problem one way or another. 

Nearly every flight after my airplane is done boarding, once I am ready to request for pushback GSX always gets stuck at "Departure clearance requested". Without fail, I have to reset my position.

I don't even bother to post at FSDT because I find Umberto incredibly rude, and 99% of his replies are unhelpful and always lashing back at the customer. It is basically talking to a brick wall.

15 hours ago, b757 said:

**Update**

Umberto was able to find the issue related to this problem. I had an outdated FSUIPC. After installing the latest version and deleting the previousflight.wx, it worked! Thanks to FSDT support for this solution. I just want to post here in case others have the same issue.

glad  that  Umberto was  very helpful in solving  your  issues , so much  for  Mitch  post:dry:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

On 4/12/2018 at 10:30 PM, b757 said:

Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Addon Manager\couatl\Couatl.exe

That's a real bad location for P3D.  Program Files has too many restrictions placed on it.

Try C:\P3D v4

14 minutes ago, Dean_EGTC said:

That's a real bad location for P3D.  Program Files has too many restrictions placed on it.

Try C:\P3D v4

This would be a problem only for 3rd party addons that don't respect UAC, which is not the case of our software, that only use either %APPDATA% or %PROGRAMDATA% to store its own preferences.

However, the OP probably decided to install *into* the sim (which we don't disallow), because he might have assumed our installer was looking for the simulator folder, when in fact it was only suggesting its own default location, which is fine (having enough space on C:) and, the only reason for wanting to change it, is not having enough space on C: but, in general, now that we install everything outside the sim, in a shared folder, it's best not to install into the sim.

But this issue had long gone when he reinstalled with the antivirus properly configured and, by the time we had our Teamviewer session, there wasn't *any* issue caused by Couatl or GSX: he only had a generic CTD at JFK, but I was quite sure at this point it wasn't anything related to any of our products, since he told me everything else from FSDT, except JFK, now worked fine.

So, we proceeded with the usual troubleshooting, which is:

- Disable all 3rd party addons either by setting the <Disabled> flag in the DLL/EXE.XML files (for those that use it), or by setting Active=False in the addons.cfg file, for those that use the add-on.xml

- Try the sim, and let it crash.

- Enable each add-on, one by one, and try the sim again, until it stopped crashing.

This way, it turned out to be two FSUIPC issues at the same time: one that it was outdated, so it probably didn't support P3D 4.2, and there was also the issue of a corrupted wxstationlist.bin file OR one of the .WX files in the documents folder, which are both known causes for CTD related to FSUIPC so, by removing those files, the problem was gone.

Edited by virtuali