Sign in to follow this  
glassman2005

Payware Garmin G1000

Eaglesoft Development Group is a partner of Avidyne Corporation and builds Avidyne Entegra Avionics for flight simulation.The agreement with Mindstar Aviation allows Eaglesoft Development Group to provide G1000 Avionics in our aircraft without violating any proprietary agreements with Avidyne Corporation. Eaglesoft considers its relationship with Avidyne Corporation as extremely valuable and will do nothing to violate any terms of our agreements with them.Hope this helps.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Excellent, thank you for adding that! It seems fairly 'complete' now for features. I think I be adding this to my collection :)

Alaister Kay

>Eaglesoft Development Group is a partner of Avidyne>Corporation and builds Avidyne Entegra Avionics for flight>simulation.>>The agreement with Mindstar Aviation allows Eaglesoft>Development Group to provide G1000 Avionics in our aircraft>without violating any proprietary agreements with Avidyne>Corporation. >>Eaglesoft considers its relationship with Avidyne Corporation>as extremely valuable and will do nothing to violate any terms>of our agreements with them.>>Hope this helps.:-)Hi Ron,Thank you for the explanation. I own several of your excellent aircraft and look forward to your integration of the G1000. I'm also a panel tinker...er :) for my own use and enjoy the ability to stuff avionics into other planes. My question was simply to clarify that other vendors are not precluded from providing stand alone G1000's (if they choose) for those of us who want flexibility. Thanks and good luck!Bob...

A collabrotive effort between Eaglesoft and Mindstar where certain proprietary technologies are exchanged does indeed preclude other FS developers from offering the same product.As mentioned, Mindstar and Eaglesoft are the source for this product.Hope this helps:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet, I'd like to make it very, very clear that this G1000 is NOT yet another re-wrapped XML gauge...The G1000 package is 100% pure C++ using the latest advances in vector graphic rendering technology... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Len

Great development and very nice to partner with EagleSoft. Can't wait for further plane integrations. I just purchased it and am waiting for my serial number.

>Since it hasn't been mentioned yet, I'd like to make it very,>very clear that this G1000 is NOT yet another>re-wrapped XML gauge...>>The G1000 package is 100% pure C++ using the latest advances>in vector graphic rendering technology... ;)Any chance then it could be made to run stand-alone via a network and widefs for multi-pc pit builders?

>Great development and very nice to partner with EagleSoft.>Can't wait for further plane integrations. I just purchased it>and am waiting for my serial number.Len,Well.. I was hoping someone would get it and give their opinion.If you have the Eaglsoft's Cirrus, Please compare the quality of the graphics and let us know know how good it is in relation to the Eaglesoft's Avidyne PFD and MFD. (Eaglesoft's Avidyne is right on the money)thanks.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Len

I haven't got the Cirrus so I can't compare it with the Avidyne integration.However, I've taken it out and it is wonderful. To those with concern about the display of the map - topo/terrain - don't worry that's fully integrated from FS9 gps and looks great on the MFD.Note that the G1000 is only integrated into the 2D panel - not the virtual cockpit of the C182.First clear problem: refresh rate on the MFD - map - is poor. Numerous times when I had a flight plan activated and while flying, the magenta line completely disappeared. Sometimes I want to hand fly the magenta and it was impossible because it would disappear for significant periods of time. Indeed the refresh of the map itself is slow, slow, slow.I have a decent system: P4, 3.6 ghz HT, 1 gig ram, ATI x800XT PCIe card.That is the most glaring problem at this point. This implementation of the G1000, has, however, great potential and at $49.95 U.S. ($55.00 Canadian) is not cheap so I hope there are additional implementations such as weather.I've been flyiing with the RXP 530 for a long time - ever since FS8 - and this is a great substitute. I'm sure the refresh issue will be cleared up with future versions.Now back to flying.

Just thought I'd mention that the refresh rate on the MFD map is not poor due to performance, but rather, it's meant to simulate the refresh rate of the REAL G1000. (Although the flight plan's magenta line isn't supposed to be disappearing...so we'll look at that.) I actually believe that we programmed the moving map to refresh slightly FASTER than the real G1000 just to make it a little easier to fly.One of the first things you learn when flying the real G1000 is that it's easier to fly the CDI needle than it is to fly the magenta line. As soon as you think you have everything lined up, you realize that you were looking at an older frame of the map. The time delay is one of the main reasons the Garmin Pilot's Guides do not recommend using the map for "navigation", but rather, for "situational awareness".

Guest Len

With FSPanel Studio I've also started integrating the G1000 with other planes (e.g. Carenado's Bonanza F33A). This is going to be fun.

WOW.. If that works.. then its neat.BTW.. I have a few Qs Len1. How is the refresh rate on the PFD? are the main guages smooth? or does it stuter?2. The fonts on the PFD are they neat? (in the screenshot on the website.. 1 close up shot showed it was neat...another one, it was not. got spoilt with Eaglsoft's avidyne. ;)3. I think I remember reading, the PFD and MFD is a pop up.. right? this way for VC, we can use it by moving to another screen or two. (4. What GPS database does it use? Can you pull a DP and STAR into your flight plan?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Len

Manny1. Refresh is fine on the PFD. I'm running 1600x1200 with high VC in display setting. I would not say it is as smooth as the RXP gauges but it is smooth. As I stated the MFD (map) refresh is not (although this appears to be native to it as stated above). The magenta disappears from time to time. Indeed, as I was flying from KSEA to CYVR the magenta disappeared and hasn't come back after several minutes waiting. Acts a little better if you're running only the MAP mode. When I activate topo/terrain and zoom out I get a crystal clear map of the topography although my magenta is gone. 2. The fonts are fine. It may be reflective at what resolution you're running. I would say that RXP gauges are crystal sharp and smooth a step above this but this is still very nice comparatively.3. The PFD and MFD both pop-up.4. Uses Worldwide Aviation database by Jeppesen. I believe the same database as the GPS 530 so you're procedures reflect the same process as that unit. I'm still reading the manuals though.

Guest Daniel Pimentel

A collabrotive effort between Eaglesoft and Mindstar where certain proprietary technologies are exchanged does indeed preclude other FS developers from offering the same product.Sorry for cutting into the salesman-speak, but could you explain this? You mean the agreements preclude other developers from adding the Mindstar G1000 kit to their add-ons? Or from doing the G1000 altogether? Sorry, I'm dense tonight, I need clarification.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

It is fair to say that other developers who wish to expend the time and effort to develop G1000 avionics for flight simulation will likely do so.Our statement is limited to the specific versions of G1000 avionics we have involment in.Hope this helps:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png