dd1b741e9f21.jpg

f29dc7db3697.jpg

bea66d01d2c7.jpg

dcef54048d53.jpg

Edited by kiwi_biplane
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 5

Gennadiy

Wow!!  Just WOW!!  Your textures and these shots almost make the sun's warmth a very real sensation.  Congrats and thanks!

Greg

• Like 1

Stunningly artistic.

Thomas Kinkade indeed, the only painting we have in our house was painted by the late great T. Kinkade ... the tiny church at Grand Wailea on Maui where my wife and I got married many years ago.  We stumbled upon the Kinkade gallery in Carmel (CA) and found the painting and had to have it.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks, Artem Crum, lownslo, evaamo, PATCO LCH ang Greg!

53 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Thomas Kinkade indeed, the only painting we have in our house was painted by the late great T. Kinkade ... the tiny church at Grand Wailea on Maui where my wife and I got married many years ago. ...

Very heartwarming story, Rob. I even found this picture on the Internet and found out with what feelings the artist painted a picture. Very interesting, Rob. Thank you!

Gennadiy

Some very beautiful shots there. You've created a magical environment to fly to.

John

• Like 1

I don’t know how you do it, but my gosh those are amazing. How many hours a day do you spend on PTA? Are you using Active Sky or REX for your clouds? Are you gonna post this theme to your site?

• Like 1

P3D v4, REX SF3D, AS16, ENVTex, PTA 2.60, FSDT KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, KORD, KJFK, KSFD, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT FlightBeam KDEN, KIAD, KPHX, KSFO, KMSP

ASUS Z97 Pro + Wifi, Intel i7 4990k 4.0GHz, EVGA NVidia 970 4GB DDR5, Corsair 16GB DDR3 2400, Samsung SSD 850 250GB, 2x Acer 32" Monitor

1 hour ago, b757 said:

I don’t know how you do ...

I do not make big bets on PTA. In my presets there is not a single custom twic that you need to write with your hands. Most effects are achieved using textures. Not everyone knows that this small 32x32-pixel file contains not only a gradients in the color of the sky, but also all the information for the shades of earth, aircraft, cockpit, clouds, haze, fog, water, rain, snow and reflections. Knowing these features you will never look for an addon with pink clouds or stain them in the PTA. PTA helps to add an atmosphere to the simulator and to strengthen or weaken many effects. Yes, I spend a lot of time on textures, but much less than I need to spend on setting up the PTA. A new preset needs to be tested by rebooting the simulator, but you can look at the new textures almost immediately, simply by replacing the files and changing the date in the running simulator.
The site with textures is not mine, it belongs to Yuri (aka KNOSSOS), the creator of the PTA. I'm embarrassed to ask him to make changes every time.
Textures and a preset with which help screenshots can be downloaded from here. These are the same files I referred to in the previous topic, but with the cloud saturation checkbox disabled in the PTA preset. Before the publication, I slightly adjust the contrast and sharpness of the image in Photoshop.
Rex and aska I do not use. I have my own clouds, except for a few textures of other authors.

Regards

Edited by kiwi_biplane

Gennadiy

What do you use to edit those texture files? Is this something easy to change or a rough process? I am willing to learn if there is some tutorial on it or something. 

P3D v4, REX SF3D, AS16, ENVTex, PTA 2.60, FSDT KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, KORD, KJFK, KSFD, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT FlightBeam KDEN, KIAD, KPHX, KSFO, KMSP

ASUS Z97 Pro + Wifi, Intel i7 4990k 4.0GHz, EVGA NVidia 970 4GB DDR5, Corsair 16GB DDR3 2400, Samsung SSD 850 250GB, 2x Acer 32" Monitor

6 hours ago, b757 said:

What do you use to edit those texture files? ...

To create textures, I use Photoshop. I've been doing this for almost two years now, I gathered information from the Internet, but still do not know all the nuances of texture work in the simulator .. Almost all I know is described in the manual for self-compiling a 10-day texture cycle for their random load in the simulator. Unfortunately, the document is in Russian. I made it for the sym-community in the territory of the former USSR. I almost do not speak English at all (hallelujah, google translation!).
Maybe something will be clear to you through the illustrations or you can make a translation. If you have a great desire to learn more, write to me about it in a private message. I respect any creativity and will help you as much as possible.

Gennadiy

Awe, just so beautiful, I love the Internet, the way it brings such art to our homes...  Without words!

John

• Like 1