Sign in to follow this  
CavalierDuck

Denmark Low and Slow

After the last two weeks of intense Q400ing (bet you didn't know that was a verb), we're going to have a nice leisurely GA flight in Denmark.

We start at the port city of Esbjerg (EKEB) on the west coast of Jutland and fly inland to the small GA airfield at Vamdrup (EKVD).  Leaving Vamdrup, we cross the towns of Kolding and Middelfart and on to the island of Funen. The largest city on Funen, and the third largest in Denmark, is Odense, the birthplace of Hans Christian Andersen, and we land at the regional airport (EKOD). Our visit to Funen is brief and we head back to Jutland and the small grass strip at Rarup (EKRA). Next we cross to the island of Samsø, which fortunately has a small airfield (EKSS). After leaving Samsø we fly back to Jutland and the second largest city in Denmark, Aarhus. We'll overfly the city centre before heading out to the airport (EKAH) some way out of town.  We'll then take a short hop to the town of Grenaa and its small airfield on the coast (EKGR), before going on to our final destination Hadsund (EKHS).

The route is not a long one at 189nm, so I suggest flying something from the slower end of GA.  This would be a good opportunity for your Cherokees or C172s but as always, fly what you like.

Flight plans

PLN format or GFP format

Scenery

Danish payware developers Vidan Design have made a number of the airports in Jutland available as freeware, and you can get Rarup, Aarhus, Grenaa and Hadsund as well as an Aarhus city scenery from their freeware page. They require registration but it's a painless process and you add the sceneries to your basket and download the sceneries through their online store (no payment details required). All have their own installers and work in P3D4, even Aarhus city which is only claimed to work in FSX but I couldn't find anything wrong with it.

The remaining airports in the plan are covered by very decent quality freeware which I have confirmed work in P3D4 and have straightforward installation:

Esbjerg by Onfinal Studio

Vamdrup by Tim van Ringen

Odense by Peter H. Poulsen

Samsø by Jens Peter Bruun-Hansen

Particulars

Date and time: Saturday April 28th, 2018. 18:00 UTC. 

Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
Cross-Platform Multiplayer: JoinFS. (FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D).
If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

Setting your clocks for 1700 local time at the start of the flight should bring us into Hadsund a little before dusk (note no lights at the last two stops).

Nick, 

Thanks for the plan and scenery links. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend for this one and possibly many more to come. A week & 1/2 after the 2nd worst snow storm in recorded history mother nature has changed her mind.. Go figure. LOL! - she'll change her mind again.. Last year it snowed in May! Fly-Ins, chapter events & other things are popping up at an alarming rate. Going to get the scenery and hopefully do the flight using the new Duenna.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

As long as we have no approaches over water, at night, I'll give it a go.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

On 4/27/2018 at 7:14 PM, Ron Attwood said:

As long as we have no approaches over water, at night, I'll give it a go.

I was suffering controller trauma so I completely forgot. Sorry. :blush:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.