Sign in to follow this  
clive6354

GTX 1080 to 1080ti upgrade

I only use comments made on this forum and other forums as a guide as there are many amateur proffessionals but at thesame time I value and respect comments

Clive

"Is it worth it" is always subjective, because the same 500 pounds for you is different value for someone else. You could get maximum performance boost of 30%. And since P3D is still CPU bounded I doubt you would get so high.

And in just few months we will have new NVidia card introduced that would probably be at least 30% more efficient than 1080ti and it would make its prices to drop significantly.

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

NVidia are at an event this week the 24th in Taiwan, rumour is they may say something on the next GeForce GPU or they may wait till June.   

On twitter they are banging on about having full stocks now of the 10 series GPU`s they may be trying to clear there stocks before the new GPU`s land. 

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I just upgraded to a GTX 1080ti FTW from a GTX 1070 and I am pleased with the outcome although I really was tossing around if I should do it or not.  I think it was worth it as my testing so far shows some great improvement in the sim. I  tend to upgrade my GPU every 2 years or so but this was a bit higher than I would normally pay for a new one.  I don't think the upgrade from a 1080 would be worthwhile...I would probably wait on the newer cards as others have stated.

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11