Sign in to follow this  
ngraves

FSX:SE error pop-up question

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

so when FSX:SE is loading up, i get this error message as well as this error message. now if i click on "no" to both of them. Then Flight Sim proceeds to start up no problem, willy nilly. But if i say yes to either/both of them. it then says         "The module "X.dll" has not been tested for compatability with the FSX version you have installed"......"If you run the module, it may cause problems or a crash. Run the module now?" And if i click on Don't run on both of the addons that are causing the pop-up. FSX then continues to run with no-issue, and no noticable disturbance. But if i click on "run" FSX:SE will then proceed to promptly crash. Do any of yall's have any intuition or know what can be causing this problem?

Also as a bit of a background. I have this one addon called AFX that i like to use to tweek airports to my liking like change the Northwest and Continental gates to United's gates in FlyTampa's Tampa KTPA, or add a few stands to FSDT's KORD. personally i like to have that abilitay to tweek sceneries. So i installed it onto mky new gaming computer from my old one via hard-drive. Re-activated it and then got a message when i opened AFX about something related to a missing simconnect.dll file. So then i looked up for a solution and then found what i hoped would be a solution and basically did what this guy did in this video and then i wound up in that position i am now.

edit/update: This post is actually a continuation from a reddit post, and they said come here for help. Anyways So in the discussion people suggested uninstalling olderversions of simconnect and reinstalling them from the SDK files. I did that and the situation didn't improve, but on the bright side, didn't become worse. Still the problem remains, i have multiple versions of simconnect and im am still searching for solutions.

Edited by cmpbellsjc
embedded this video. Removed link to offsite host

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It sounds like you have an incompatible software and you want us to try to fix it so you can use the incompatible software.  When FSX starts up the first thing loaded is your dll.xml and exe.xml.  If anything is wrong with the module, it will not load.  Page 14 of the AVSIM CTD Guide shows you how to disable individual modules.

Whenever you startup FSX after installing new software, it will have a security warning to ask you if you want to trust such and such software.  This is a normal function of the software and you should indicate yes and Microsoft added this to make sure you were aware a new piece of software was installed and you need to trust it to continue or disable it as it could be malware or a virus.  The likelihood of a virus/malware for a known software program from FlyTampa is nil.  The module or gauge is then trusted and placed in the Trusted section of your FSX.cfg.  If you do not trust the software, then the software program will not run properly but FSX will continue to work.  If you trust it, then you will never see this error again.  Please look at the FSX Configuration Guide on how to properly run FSX.

Best regards,

Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for the record, AFX is a Flight1 program that is compatible with FSX-SE. I use it frequently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2018 at 4:38 AM, Jim Young said:

It sounds like you have an incompatible software and you want us to try to fix it so you can use the incompatible software.  When FSX starts up the first thing loaded is your dll.xml and exe.xml.  If anything is wrong with the module, it will not load.  Page 14 of the AVSIM CTD Guide shows you how to disable individual modules.

Whenever you startup FSX after installing new software, it will have a security warning to ask you if you want to trust such and such software.  This is a normal function of the software and you should indicate yes and Microsoft added this to make sure you were aware a new piece of software was installed and you need to trust it to continue or disable it as it could be malware or a virus.  The likelihood of a virus/malware for a known software program from FlyTampa is nil.  The module or gauge is then trusted and placed in the Trusted section of your FSX.cfg.  If you do not trust the software, then the software program will not run properly but FSX will continue to work.  If you trust it, then you will never see this error again.  Please look at the FSX Configuration Guide on how to properly run FSX.

Best regards,

Jim

okay where exactly do i find my dll.xml and exe.xml? Also what do you mean by disable individual modules and how does that relate to my issue exactly?

 

Also another problem showed up, im trying to find AFX in the add/remove programs folder so i could uninstall and re-install but i cant find it. Also same could be said for jackson hole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The AVSIM CTD Guide tells you exactly where all of the files are located but the dll.xml and exe.xml are located in the same folder as the fsx.cfg.  The guide also tells you how to disable individual modules by changing the DISABLED line that states FALSE to TRUE.

3 hours ago, ngraves said:

Also another problem showed up, im trying to find AFX in the add/remove programs folder so i could uninstall and re-install but i cant find it. Also same could be said for jackson hole.

Do not know what AFX is.  Sounds like some type of sound program module.  Many of these modules are located in the main fsx directory and there is no uninstall program.  Jackson Hole is installed in the Orbx Directory under FSX.  So, FSX/Orbx/.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jim Young said:

The AVSIM CTD Guide tells you exactly where all of the files are located but the dll.xml and exe.xml are located in the same folder as the fsx.cfg.  The guide also tells you how to disable individual modules by changing the DISABLED line that states FALSE to TRUE.

Do not know what AFX is.  Sounds like some type of sound program module.  Many of these modules are located in the main fsx directory and there is no uninstall program.  Jackson Hole is installed in the Orbx Directory under FSX.  So, FSX/Orbx/.

AFX is Airport Facilitator X, its good to create and edit sceneries in flight sim

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

As Jim suggested earlier, the natural and logical conclusion is to immediately suspect the dll Windows is trying to load as the culprit.

And we did just that with out own "fsInsider.dll" being flagged many months ago.

It started with Windows 8.

We suspected something was probably wrong with it, and tried all sorts of things, including generating the dll using different C++ compilers, as we couldn't reproduce the bug at all.

For many months,, we were completely in the dark, since it would only affect the odd customer once every six months.

Until one day, Stuart H, one of our customer came across a very old FSUIPC thread which referenced the same issue he was facing.

Now the issue is understood and should be taught to every flight simmer. It's unlikely to ever happen on Windows 7. Affects Win 10 & Win 8

It's a new feature built into the OS that tries to be helpful by randomly flagging the odd dll that failed to load.

The fix is to locate and delete a specific entry in registry.

Read this thread to understand.

 

The root cause could be simulator not shutting down properly last time you ran it.

 

 

Edited by FS++

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2018 at 2:30 AM, ngraves said:

so when FSX:SE is loading up, i get this error message as 

 

I edited your topic title down to reduce size. The original topic titile was almost taking a 1/4 page of space on mobile version of forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its been a while since i last responded to this post. But FS++ i clicked on the link you sent, and began the 4 step process submited by Stuart H going into my Regedit. I got to the AppComponentFlags folder however i wasent able to find the /Layers subfolder that was mentioned. Would there be something Barring me from seeing this folder?

 

Also mentioned in that forum is the possibility of FSX not shutting down properly. Well i do remember on FSX Steam Edition  that i would exit out of a flight, then my flightsim would crash. Or it would exit a fight fine, then i would exit out of flight simulator onto steam. But then it would still show it running, so i would have to close VFX or something pertaining to steam. (Which would often still be running) So on the topic of FSX not closing correctly i have been having some difficulty, but nothing that would really catch my attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this