Elsmoko

RAAS Quit Working

Not sure but I suspect this happened following aircraft update(s) via the Operations Center.

How can RAAS be re-enabled ?  I have the T7, 744 V3, and others.

Thank you,

Ken Boardman

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

First thing is to ensure that the livery you are using has RAAS enabled in the options.  Not all aircraft do.  Then, you can check your dll.xml file in the program data folder to verify you have the RAAS installed.  The entry for it should look like this:

<Launch.Addon>
		<Name>RAASPRO</Name>
		<Disabled>False</Disabled>
		<Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>
		<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
		<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
	</Launch.Addon>

If it still fails to show up in the P3D menu then submit a trouble ticket and they will get you fixed up.

• Like 1

Thank you for the fast reply Dan; and for helping.  Below is a section of my current DLL.XML file, showing the RAAS lines >

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>RAASPRO</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
  </Launch.Addon>

Below is a "Dropbox" link to a screen cap showing my FMC Options setting for RAAS:  
 https://www.dropbox.com/s/68mst1nqnqohk6i/MG_156.jpg?dl=0

Below is link to a screen cap showing the pop up for RAAS Pro that is available via the Add-ons pull down menu in my FSX  Accel.

The "Master Switch (On/Off)" block will not remain checked.  And to be honest, I do not know if this "RAAS Pro" is even related

to The PMDG planes,  but I cannot find anything else (RAAS related) to "play with".  I don't believe I have purchased RAAS Pro

at any time and, RAAS Pro may have been installed by another add-on software (ie. Aerosoft Airbuses, etc).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x4on0nqy0ta70eu/MG_155.jpg?dl=0

I only know that until recently RAAS functioned as normal for my PMDG planes,  and I'd like to fix it (for the PMDG planes ~:)

Best regards,

Ken

1 hour ago, Elsmoko said:

Thank you for the fast reply Dan; and for helping.  Below is a section of my current DLL.XML file, showing the RAAS lines >

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>RAASPRO</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
  </Launch.Addon>

Below is a "Dropbox" link to a screen cap showing my FMC Options setting for RAAS:  
 https://www.dropbox.com/s/68mst1nqnqohk6i/MG_156.jpg?dl=0

Below is link to a screen cap showing the pop up for RAAS Pro that is available via the Add-ons pull down menu in my FSX  Accel.

The "Master Switch (On/Off)" block will not remain checked.  And to be honest, I do not know if this "RAAS Pro" is even related

to The PMDG planes,  but I cannot find anything else (RAAS related) to "play with".  I don't believe I have purchased RAAS Pro

at any time and, RAAS Pro may have been installed by another add-on software (ie. Aerosoft Airbuses, etc).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x4on0nqy0ta70eu/MG_155.jpg?dl=0

I only know that until recently RAAS functioned as normal for my PMDG planes,  and I'd like to fix it (for the PMDG planes ~:)

Best regards,

Ken

Ken,

You should have the master swtitch to ON in order for it to work. If this does not remain ON better check on the RASS forum here in Avsim as they are the developers of that product,

• Like 1

Hi Chris,

Was hoping since the RAAS was part of the PMDG package (I believe) that PMDG could straighten

this out or suggest a course of action.  I have uploaded a message to FS2Crew / RAAS. 

Was the RAAS version installed with the PMDG plane for use only with the PMDG plane(s).

Was it a version of RAAS other than the RAAS Pro;  or was it RAAS Pro that was locked  for

aircraft other than PMDG or ...... ? 

Ken

3 hours ago, Elsmoko said:

Hi Chris,

Was hoping since the RAAS was part of the PMDG package (I believe) that PMDG could straighten

this out or suggest a course of action.  I have uploaded a message to FS2Crew / RAAS. 

Was the RAAS version installed with the PMDG plane for use only with the PMDG plane(s).

Was it a version of RAAS other than the RAAS Pro;  or was it RAAS Pro that was locked  for

aircraft other than PMDG or ...... ? 

Ken

The RAAS usued by PMDG is a locked version of RAAS bind to our aircrafts only. we just install it along side with our planes (777 and 744) any support on issues from that is done by the RAAS developer as it's their own program.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2018 at 4:31 PM, Elsmoko said:

Not sure but I suspect this happened following aircraft update(s) via the Operations Center.

How can RAAS be re-enabled ?  I have the T7, 744 V3, and others.

Thank you,

RAAS might not be detecting runways properly if you haven't run Makerunways after a scenery change.  After you run makerunways, delete ARPT_RWY.dat found in top level PMDG folder/Navdata.  It will rebuild the next time you load the 777 or (new) 747. 

Mike

• Like 1

Thank you for the tips Mike.  I will try it asap,  and follow up here.

Ken

Hi Mike,

I ran makerunways.exe and deleted the file you suggested.  Tested with the B777 at default DFW airport and still no RAAS.

By switching my Realtek audio / speaker system  from 7.1 to stereo I was (finally) able to get RAAS to pass it's audio

self test,  but it cost me the T7's cockpit warning sounds ~:(  and still no RAAS.   RAAS worked great before with audio

configured to 7.1.  Makes no sense.  FYI, not for sure, but I think the loss of RAAS occurred following updates I performed via

the PMDG Ops Center several weeks ago to multiple aircraft.

Is RAAS tied to a specific aircraft package,  or if the B777 is installed (including RAAS) will RAAS function with other PMDG

packages also (ie. B744 v3 and NGX) ?

Also when switching aircraft, does RAAS Pro automatically switch to the correct profile,  or must the profile be manually

switched via the FSX Add-ons pull down menu,  RAAS Pro pop-up?

It all worked seamlessly before with the B777 and B744 v3 with none of the above ever considered >> very perplexing and frustrating.

Can't remember if it worked with the NGX.  Perhaps it wasn't part of that package.

Thinking ahead (as a last resort),  if I needed to reinstall any of the packages must my current installation be uninstalled first ?

Or is there a repair option ? Or is it acceptable to install overwriting the current installation ?

Thank you,

Ken

19 minutes ago, Elsmoko said:

Thinking ahead (as a last resort),  if I needed to reinstall any of the packages must my current installation be uninstalled first ?

Or is there a repair option ? Or is it acceptable to install overwriting the current installation ?

Hi Ken,

In reading your posts over, I have to wonder whether you installed your updates correctly.  AFAIK there may have been one or two updates for the 747 that could be done through the Op Center, but I am almost certain that for the 777 all recent updates have involved uninstalling the previous version (after running the OC to preserve the liveries), downloading a complete installation file, and then reinstalling.  For the most part this has been the procedure for the 747 as well.  So I think you would do better to download the latest versions and then uninstalling/reinstalling.  Even if a "repair" option shows up, I wouldn't count on it working.

I don't remember ever having to fiddle with any separate RAAS settings -- just have to make sure this option is selected for the particular livery.  But I don't have P3D, just FSX, so something might be different there.

Mike

• Like 1

Thank you Mike.  I was hoping to avoid a reinstall but I think I will take your suggestion.  And Thank you for

the tips regarding reinstallation procedure.

Ken

Hi Mike,

Do you think I should also uninstall RAAS Pro?   If I do this, I would assume that the fresh reinstall of the T7 or 744 v3 will

also automatically reinstall RAAS Pro also.  Or am I off on this ?

Ken

3 hours ago, Elsmoko said:

Do you think I should also uninstall RAAS Pro?   If I do this, I would assume that the fresh reinstall of the T7 or 744 v3 will

also automatically reinstall RAAS Pro also.  Or am I off on this ?

I'm not completely sure about this.  Why not try uninstalling the 777 & 747 and see if that removes RAAS in Uninstall Programs as well?  I have never uninstalled RAAS as a separate action.  Something might be different in P3D though.

Mike

• Like 1

OK Mike.  Thank you for the suggestion.  I ask because I looked for (and found) RAAS Pro in my Win 7-64, Control Panel, Programs and Features

list.     I will try what you suggest.

Best regards,

Ken 

Hi Mike,

I uninstalled the B772 and B773.  The RAAS Pro entry remained in the Programs and Features of Control Panel.

I decided to uninstall the Aerosoft Airbuses next. During the Airbus uninstall I was informed that RAAS Pro would be uninstalled.

I did not get this advisory during the T7 uninstalls.  I then uninstalled the B744 v3.  Nothing regarding RAAS appeared during

this uninstall either (similar to the T7 uninstalls).  I next intend to (re)install the B777-200 package and test RAAS before

reinstalling anything else.  If RAAS works, then I'll re-install the B744 v3 package and test RAAS with the 747.  Then

I'll reinstall the AS Airbuses.  During the installation,  when it offers to install RAAS I will decline,   until I hear from

the RAAS support forum.  Reading the AS Airbus installation and removal instructions it states that at the end of the

installation it will offer the option to install their Locked version of RAAS Pro.  

At this time I'm somewhat suspicious of whether the installation of the AS Airbus's RAAS installation somehow negatively

affected the Locked PMDG RAAS installation.  But I can't be sure now.   

I'll follow up here as my RAAS soap opera continues.

Best regards,

Ken

Hi Mike,

I (finally) have RAAS working.  What I did >>

Uninstalled B777-200 and -300

Uninstalled Aerosoft Airbuses (A318 thru A321)  >>  This action removed the RAAS Pro entry from Programs and Features in Control panel;  Indicating

(perhaps) that PMDG T7 and B744 v3 had nothing to do with it being there.

Verified that all my scenery areas were enabled and then ran Makerunways.exe

Reinstalled (only) the B777-200LR Base package.  Verified that "RAAS Installed" was enabled in the FMC options.

Tested the T7-200 RAAS at default KMIA airport and it was a "no go".

I ran a file named "FS2Crew RAAS PMDG 777.exe" that I found in my PMDG T7 files backup folder.  RAAS still didn't work.

Disabled / re-enabled RAAS in the T7 FMC Options,  Created a profile for the B777 in the RAAS Professional section of the Add- Ons pull down menu in FSX

and made it the " Default " profile and ensured that the "Master Switch (On / Off" check box was checked (ON).  I also did the RAAS Self Test and it passed.

I then discovered during testing that the "Master Switch (On / Off)"  box was un-checking itself.  Also, I still had had no RAAS.

I rebooted the PC and started up FSX to test the T7 RAAS again and it was a Eureka moment.

So,  I don not know exactly what action(s) brought the T7 RAAS back to life,  or how long it will live.  Guessing the reboot may have been required after

running the  "FS2Crew RAAS PMDG 777.exe".

Next will be the re-install of B777-300 package > and RAAS testing. 

Next will be the re-install of the PMDG B744 v3 > and RAAS testing.

Next will be re-install of Aerosoft Airbuses.  Near the end of this installation when prompted to install (the Locked) RAAS, I will likely decline unless I

get something very encouraging from the RAAS support folks,  convincing me that it will not interfere with the PMDG (Locked) RAAS.

I apologize for the long winded nature of this follow up.  Hoping perhaps someone else with similar RAAS issue may benefit in some way.......

Best to all and a Happy Father's Day,

Ken  

Posted (edited)

Hi Ken,

Your methodical approach  is certainly the way to go!

I don't have the Aerosoft Airbuses installed, just the NGX, 747 QOT and 777-200LR & 300ER.  I don't see RAAS showing up as installed in Control Panel>Uninstall Programs.  But it is working.  When I open it  within FSX from the addon drop-down, Master Switch is unchecked.  Since RAAS seems to be working OK, I just left it alone (but my FSX is a recent install on a new computer, and I discovered I had not  installed MakeRunways.  So when I installed it and ran it, RAAS started working).  Also, when I open RAAS in the FSX drop-down, it says "PMDG 777X" at the top.

I don't have FS2Crew so I don't know how it interacts with RAAS.

Mike

Edited by Mike777

Hi Mike,

I don't have FS2Crew either. Thank you for all the helpful information.  I will keep it for future reference if / when needed.  I'll also follow up here

as my re-installs progress.

Best regards,

Ken

Posted (edited)

Update / Follow-up >>

I had been under the impression that the Profiles in the (FSX) RAAS Pro pop-up were completely optional.  They're not.

Fact is, I have learned the hard way that each specific aircraft type (or Model) that I desire to use RAAS with must have a

Profile,  And,  that this Profile must be selected from a pull down list inside the pop-up.  Also,  the " Master Switch (ON / OFF) "

block in the pop-up must be selected (ON) in order for RAAS to function with the active aircraft type (ie PMDG B777, PMDG B747, etc). 

For those who aren't aware,  the Profile pop-up is accessed from the "Add-ons" pull down menu on FSX Menu Bar.  

Also,  be aware that the correct aircraft type (or model) must be selected >  I discovered that there were two 777 entries

on my profile list ( "777X"  entry,  and a "PMDG B777" entry).  Only the " 777X " entry when selected, would

give me RAAS for the PMDG B777.  The Profile List is accessed from the pop-up's menu bar,

Now I am able to successfully use the Locked FS2Crew RAAS  on all three of my aircraft types that  included RAAS (Locked)

in their installations > PMDG B777,  PMDG B747 and Aerosoft Airbus Extended packages.

Hope this may help those who may find themselves in my earlier, somewhat cornfuzed dilemma.

Feel free to ask questions and / or offer criticism / ridicule.

Best to all,

Ken

Edited by Elsmoko
Correct the info