Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
nighthawk65

PMDG Simulation Center

Recommended Posts

To: PMDG Team, 

I recently returned from my 5th deployment to the Middle East.  Currently, I am stationed in Fort Eustis VA, which for me has one benefit and that is its proximity to the Washington D.C. area.  However, there is a strong chance that I could be moving to a new duty station within the next year.

I recall back in June of 2015, Robert Randazzo was giving a speech at Flight Sim Con about the DC-6 and 747 but more importantly, a sim center you all were developing.  Please see the video file time stamp 25:35 below.  Is this still in development or did it fall through, as I don't recall hearing much about this for the last couple of years.  It can be difficult to keep up with things back home in the simulation world while in Afghanistan.  My proximity to D.C. is a good thing for now, in the event this ever opens.  Once I change my duty station, that has the potential to make it extremely difficult esp. if I go to say Alaska, Korea Germany etc...  

I look forward to any and all replies and to hope to see this come to fruition.  Please let me know if you have any questions, thanks and have a nice day!

V/R

SSG Kristopher Plummer

Video Link: 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, nighthawk65 said:

To: PMDG Team, 

I recently returned from my 5th deployment to the Middle East.  Currently, I am stationed in Fort Eustis VA, which for me has one benefit and that is its proximity to the Washington D.C. area.  However, there is a strong chance that I could be moving to a new duty station within the next year.

I recall back in June of 2015, Robert Randazzo was giving a speech at Flight Sim Con about the DC-6 and 747 but more importantly, a sim center you all were developing.  Please see the video file time stamp 25:35 below.  Is this still in development or did it fall through, as I don't recall hearing much about this for the last couple of years.  It can be difficult to keep up with things back home in the simulation world while in Afghanistan.  My proximity to D.C. is a good thing for now, in the event this ever opens.  Once I change my duty station, that has the potential to make it extremely difficult esp. if I go to say Alaska, Korea Germany etc...  

I look forward to any and all replies and to hope to see this come to fruition.  Please let me know if you have any questions, thanks and have a nice day!

V/R

SSG Kristopher Plummer

Video Link: 

 

The sim is based on the 747-8 which has not been released yet

Share this post


Link to post

Kris,

Welcome back!

We are in year four of developing our first product targeted to the cockpit hardware user.  It has taken far longer than we thought, in part because this development shares resources with the PMDG 747-400 and PMDG 747-8. 

The 747-8 device that we have partnered with Flightdeck Solutions to have built is "mostly running" right now but we still have some holes to plug and some edges to smooth.

Our goal is to make sure that the software which eventually gets released to customers who wish to use PMDG to power their 747-400 or 747-8 devices will have a simple, clean setup with minimal amount of futzing with settings/configurations/networking.

We are currently targeting completion before year end 2018...

Once we have this completed in the 747, we will be pivoting to adding the technology to the 777 and 737.

 

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Kris,

Welcome back!

We are in year four of developing our first product targeted to the cockpit hardware user.  It has taken far longer than we thought, in part because this development shares resources with the PMDG 747-400 and PMDG 747-8. 

The 747-8 device that we have partnered with Flightdeck Solutions to have built is "mostly running" right now but we still have some holes to plug and some edges to smooth.

Our goal is to make sure that the software which eventually gets released to customers who wish to use PMDG to power their 747-400 or 747-8 devices will have a simple, clean setup with minimal amount of futzing with settings/configurations/networking.

We are currently targeting completion before year end 2018...

Once we have this completed in the 747, we will be pivoting to adding the technology to the 777 and 737.

 

Robert,

Flight Deck Solutions hardware seems to be aimed at the high end, professional training sector and the cost is likely to be out of the reach of most Flight Sim hobbyists.  Are there any plans to produce a more affordable B744/747-8 software/hardware package along the lines of their former Jetmax B737/777 products?  Will the 747-8 device also work with your GFO product?

Bertie G 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, berts said:

Are there any plans to produce a more affordable B744/747-8 software/hardware package along the lines of their former Jetmax B737/777 products?

Hardware is hardware, honestly. It isn't a matter of making it compatible with specific hardware, but a matter of exposing enough of the variables so that the hardware can manipulate all of the things that need to be manipulated. If you cover the high end (more complete representation of the switches, in theory), that means being able to cover the mid-grade.

2 hours ago, berts said:

Will the 747-8 device also work with your GFO product?

Not quite sure I understand the question, but if someone's home computer can be used to enjoy GFO, then the 748 sim will be able to - we'd simply restrict the hardware to checking out the 748s in GFO. I think we've also tossed around the idea that we'd have a special Sim Center livery in GFO that would only be able to be used if you visit the center. Just something unique for the experience.

Share this post


Link to post

Bertie,

I anticipate users will be able to connect "just about anything" to our new connectivity product.  I am using the word "anticipate" because it hasn't been tested as such up to this point.  The likelihood is that when we get it to beta testing- we will select a few users who are NOT on FDS hardware just to see how it goes.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Hello Robert,

In regards to FDS hardware, Do you anticipate having the drivers native to the PMDG suite upon release of the cockpit building edition or will the drivers still need to be developed and downloaded from Tekworx?

 

Edited by Garys

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/13/2018 at 1:37 AM, rsrandazzo said:

Kris,

Welcome back!

We are in year four of developing our first product targeted to the cockpit hardware user.  It has taken far longer than we thought, in part because this development shares resources with the PMDG 747-400 and PMDG 747-8. 

The 747-8 device that we have partnered with Flightdeck Solutions to have built is "mostly running" right now but we still have some holes to plug and some edges to smooth.

Our goal is to make sure that the software which eventually gets released to customers who wish to use PMDG to power their 747-400 or 747-8 devices will have a simple, clean setup with minimal amount of futzing with settings/configurations/networking.

We are currently targeting completion before year end 2018...

Once we have this completed in the 747, we will be pivoting to adding the technology to the 777 and 737.

 

OK No worries, thanks for the reply.  I just hope I get the chance to come up there when its completed before the Army moves me again to god knows where...

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...