Sign in to follow this  
Silver_Dragon

RAZBAM South Atlantic Theatre

The Third today Surprise. The Falklands / Malvinas Theatre to DCS

• Like 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

So we will just need some Sky Hawks, a super Etendard (M2k will suffice but with an Exocet). The Ark and the Hermes. Also some type 42 Destroyers. The Harrier could be trimmed back to a Sea Harrier with the Blue Fox radar, only need 9p Sidewinders anyway, so that should be an easy implementation?..Argentinian Air Force called the Sea Harrier the "Black Death"!

But the main aircraft would be the Vulcan! Anyone fancy operation Black Buck? No I am dreaming!

Seriously though, it's all doable. A modern scenario would include the Tornado. Finally a chance to ask for that icon of British, French and German engineering! Dreaming again!

Regards

David

3 hours ago, charlie130 said:

Tornado. Finally a chance to ask for that icon of British, French and German engineering!

British, German and Italian! :-)

RAZBAM are working on period correct ships and aircraft,Also I believe a Sea Harrier that will be a full module.

Hi Folks,

A very interesting theater indeed...

Regards,

Scott

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Murmur said:

British, German and Italian! 🙂

Aha! Quite correct! Thars because I've been in a Mirage 2000c for so long I am now partly French...lol!  

7 hours ago, Phantom88 said:

RAZBAM are working on period correct ships and aircraft,Also I believe a Sea Harrier that will be a full module.

Oh wonderful news! The good old Sea Harrier! 

With the theatre units in place it's going to be possible to re create much of the war! Coventry and Broadsword crossing paths and Broadswords Sea Wolf systems being blocked, resulting in the Sky Hawks scoring deadly hits. If Coventry had stayed a beam, I wonder how this "new" Sea Wolf systems would have done?

Regards

David

• Like 2

7 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

A very interesting theater indeed...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott. We had "Conks" there in 1982. I always wondered if there were any US Dolphins in these waters at that time? Bet it's still classified so you don't need to say anything! 😉