Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

My thoughts about the new 732 aircraft.

>I am willing to bet that 99% of the users who responded to>this post do not have even a single hour of real flying>I on the other hand have almost 1507 hours flying>jets,turboprops and single engine planes.>How much time do you have logged in Quake and Half Life?

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

An ATP rating requires a minimum of 1500 hours. You have 1507 hours and got your ATP 2.5 years ago? So you've logged 7 hours in the last 2.5 years, eh? Oh what a tangled web we weave...Better run while you still can! :-outtaJeersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

:-)

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

It's post like this that hurt the freeware developers. If there is something about it you do not like, why not constructively discuss the issues you are having so the developement team can work on them (and we as a community are very lucky they are doing so). I for one commend there efforts for carrying on the project. Check your attitude m8. You can always get a refund. :-rollJason

G'day Doug,Mate I'm not buying into the argument of whether the aircraft is any good or not ( heck I don't even use it) but any argument over whether it is or not is not determined by the "qualifications" of any individual but by the merits of the points they argue. A ten year olds views is just as valid as a "check captains". You don't win an arguement from position. Cheers,Roger

That could be because most FS aircraft aren't properly trimmed for takeoff. FAA/JAA certs generally require takeoff trim to equate to zero control loading at V2 to V2+10.BTW, you don't need a chart...click on the "magic" CG gauge under the IVSI, note the CG, then set the trim on the throttle quad using the CG scale on the trim scale. CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

In most countries, you cannot be an ATP with less than 3000-5000 logged hours and they have to be on turbine as well, ie. for the 737.Please Mr. IPaq, get at least your facts straight before imposing an ATP. *yawn* Pat

IT is 5a.m :-doh ...i thought I'd check avsim before todays virtual flight to Minsk-2 :-kewlThis is the first post I clicked on ...... and now I am splitting my sides with laughter! :-lol ..gotta love AVSIM! :-bigangel

He doesn't know where he is as the GPS system on his iPaq no longer works.That caused him to get lost in his 737-200 and where he ended up noone understands English ;)

Guest Trans_601

Ipaqman,Truth of the matter is, you didn't buy this product. These guys put in their own time and are getting nothing out of it. Instead about complaining and whining, you should be grateful. We are entitled to our opinions of course, but you are acting like this is something you've paid for.If you did pay for this, then you would have a right to complain - but instead be thankful to all those awesome freeware developers out there who share their brilliant work to us for nothing.

Guest VAA_008

Nothing much to say here, just want to show my quote that applies very well in this case..

Guest Henri W

"Unknown airport with Boeing 732 circling overhead, identify yourself."

Guest lalo lolo1

What a jerk.Sorry, but this 737 pack with its virtues and defects is better than some payware (well a lot of payware actually).So, your Ac turns no matter what you do. Rebuild the FS9.cfg, I have flown it quite a while and it doesn't yaw, bank or anything in my system.About the slew, hey, I didn't know RW pilots slewed in RW. Come on. Next you are going to say it doesn't work well with FS Nav, lol.The model is good, although I still think it doesn't beat Eric's one. Not better or worse, just doesn't beat it.The FDEs, I have mo clue how a 732 flyes, but the values they set are right for a 732 (just check 732s specs and compare them with the aircraft.cfg) and feels nice when flown.The sound is good.The panel... a masterpiece for freeware. There are so much payware that doesn't even come close to RP panels.Thanks to all teh developers for such a wonderful AC. I wish your example was followed by others.Leo

>For example ,parking at the gate at a undisclosed location i>hit the letter Y to slew to the parking point, as soon as i>repressed Y the plane began to fly like a maniac WITH ENGINES>OFF... ##### is wrong with it !?!?So you are into the realism thing? Real men don't slew their aircraft.....>During a departure the flight tends to turn left on it's own>(Yes my joystick is calibrated and winds were only 5 knots) at>some point the plane actually rolled on its horizontal axis>and started stalling.After your expert use of the slewing I would think there are lots of other thing that you probably have done to get into this mess. Just maybe you seperated the engine controls and gave asymetric thrust. Certainly sounds like a 'pilot error'>In short, although this is a freeware i 'd have to give this>addon big thumbs DOWN.So maybe you should make a beter free add-on and release it here. That way we all could see how its supposed to be done...

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg