Sign in to follow this  
Greggy_D

LatinVFR KBWI Baltimore-Washington has been released

From their announcement:

We are proud to announce the release of Baltimore-Washington In'tl airport for P3Dv4. KBWI is the main airport by passengers in the Washington area, with more than 26 million passengers annually this is a very important airport in the US.

We have released the P3dv4 version, we planned on an FSX version but some limitations were giving us serious visual issues that we couldn't yet find a solution to. If we do expect an FSX version too.

• Highly detailed terminal modelling and texturing
  • Detailed interior modelling of the terminal and FBO
  • Seasonal textures and features managed via a configuration tool
  • Animated SODE Jetways
  • Highly detailed ground polygons, with different shaders and effects
  • Excellent night lighting, effects and custom runway lights
  • Highly detailed 5m mesh
  • 15 square miles of photo scenery
  • Thousands of hand-placed autogen objects

Looks good! I'd love to read some reviews from the community on how well it performs on the various systems we utilize.

Thanks.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

LatinVFR scenery has been getting progressively better so once it goes on sale I'll definitely give this one a go.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

Great news..I have been looking forward to a quality KBWI for a very long time.  Grew up not far from this airport and lived there for my first 30 years so I am very familiar with BWI and surrounding areas.  I have flown the approach to 33L many times!!  The one thing I never cared for with the LatinVFR products is how they do the surrounding area in photoreal textures.....it just never blends well in my eyes and at night the photo terrain is always too bright.  Hopefully some of these issues are improved on this one. Will pick this up later today!

• Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

6 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

Great news..I have been looking forward to a quality KBWI for a very long time.  Grew up not far from this airport and lived there for my first 30 years so I am very familiar with BWI and surrounding areas.  I have flown the approach to 33L many times!!  The one thing I never cared for with the LatinVFR products is how they do the surrounding area in photoreal textures.....it just never blends well in my eyes and at night the photo terrain is always too bright.  Hopefully some of these issues are improved on this one. Will pick this up later today!

I believe most can be turned off.  I know SNA can because I've disabled it because it doesn't blend well as you said (and photoreal in 4.2 was a blurry mess for me).  I believe SAN and MIA can be turned off as well.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

10 minutes ago, sfgiants13 said:

I believe most can be turned off.  I know SNA can because I've disabled it because it doesn't blend well as you said (and photoreal in 4.2 was a blurry mess for me).  I believe SAN and MIA can be turned off as well.

Ditto... it is easy to find the photo textures by their name and their size... they are the largest files by an order of magnitude.  I end up turning those .OFF probably 85% of the time.  For example, the FlyTampa EHAM is the only one of their products where I left them on.

I am going to get LatinVFR KBWI right now.... it is an essential location for any SWA flying.  Now if only someone besides Blueprint would do KDAL Love Field, their home base!

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

53 minutes ago, downscc said:

Now if only someone besides Blueprint would do KDAL Love Field, their home base!

I am anxiously awaiting this as well. Last I saw iblueyonder is still working on KDAL, including the Downtown Dallas area. Quote from their forum:

Post by iBlueYonder » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:09 am

As with any of our products, when there's news, you'll get it. ;-) There are a lot of factors that go into which product is worked on when, but you can be absolutely positive that when there is significant news to report on any given scenery, we'll report it. There's nothing we like better than being able to show of screenshots, so believe me - we're not hiding them.

Luis Linares has made a video which I moved to the link above.  

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

5 hours ago, Flic1 said:

There's a config to disable photo textures and change seasons.

• Upvote 1

I think this is a well done airport by Latin VFR.  Being from that area and spending a lot of time at BWI with RL flying it really is a nice rendition.  You can disable the photoscenery if you are not a fan.  I generally am not a fan of surrounding photo scenery but they actually did a nice job on this one and it blends pretty well during the day.  I don't like the photo scenery as much at night which is usually my experience with LVFR airports. My one and maybe only big gripe about this scenery is the way dynamic lights interact with the runway and taxiway textures.  The taxiways give the look of a a fuzzy TV channel....I think it is called 'moire' effect if I recall correctly since I have similar issues with FSDT textures (KCLT) at night.   I may have to keep the taxi light off at this one😕. The runways have a similar issue but it is more of a texture issue where it appears the runways is a bunch of bumps. It looks good during the day but at night....not so much.  I'm not sure why they are done in this manner.  I'd much rather have the smooth looking textures (ie Flightbeam). Performance seems very good....in fact it isn't much worse than the default airport in my case.  The area can be a little tough anyway on frames with DC being so close...especially if you have the DD addon scenery for DC.  

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

My first impression was good, I liked the ambience where the hills surrounding the airport lend a sense of realism compared to the flat default airport. Need to investigate a sudden change in elevation that my PMDG738 encountered taxiing on the ramp, they may have a few bugs in their custom mesh.  I was using the recommended 2m resolution.  Just need to put a pin in that one pending further investigation.  I noticed one taxi sign error but that isn't unusual in a new product.  Otherwise, I am very please with it.  Unlike other developers, when I park on the line the SODE jetway works, no need to slew the airplane 10 feet further to the left or right that I have found on too many sloppy implementations of SODE.  The eye candy or scenery details are right up there in the high quality level in my opinion.  The navaids in the AF file are the default but in this case since all ILS are without DME there are no issues with this.

One other thing I noticed that might be more related to P3Dv4.3 than LatinVFR is that when about abeam the airport at 10 nm approaching the downwind for ILS33L I noticed the scenery objects (terminal buildings, etc) pop into view without a long frame (stutter).  This also needs further investigation.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

I have the LatinVFR Baltimore Wash Intl airport installed in P3Dv4.1. I flew from KPHL rwy9R to KBWI rwy10 with PMDG 737BGX and also with 777 and no landing success. Is in here some Pilot can fly same flight to KBWI and using ILS10 to land? I can't, the plane doesn't follow the heading properly. I set radios/course 109.70/105 I use the latest AIRAC

Patricio Valdes

15 hours ago, trisho0 said:

I have the LatinVFR Baltimore Wash Intl airport installed in P3Dv4.1. I flew from KPHL rwy9R to KBWI rwy10 with PMDG 737BGX and also with 777 and no landing success. Is in here some Pilot can fly same flight to KBWI and using ILS10 to land? I can't, the plane doesn't follow the heading properly. I set radios/course 109.70/105 I use the latest AIRAC

I doubt that this has anything to do with the scenery. There's is much more to flying an approach than just setting up the radio and course.

Dan Downs KCRP

16 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Looks ok here:

4KogsW3.jpg

8 hours ago, downscc said:

I doubt that this has anything to do with the scenery. There's is much more to flying an approach than just setting up the radio and course.

Well, I noticed from the ND display the plane 737NGX doesn't follow the pink line in approach ILS10. The freq/course 109.70/105 is stable in all the route and sometimes near approach the Course window from MCP changes from 105 to 285 or others by itself. So, no matter if I change the course back to 105 the ND still not following the pink line. The plane simply didn't follow the ILS accordingly.

I did another flight plan to land in ILS 15R it was success, no problems. The 777 has the same issue with ILS 10 but is fine with ILS15R

Edited by trisho0
correctings

Patricio Valdes