Sign in to follow this  
jhoman

Outdated Airac

I recently purchased the new PMDG 747 V3, I noticed that the Airac is 5 years out of date, so, the tutorial does not comply with the Airac information, the KSFO arrival page indicate a total different STAR selection, there is no DYAMD3 STAR.

Why not include an update AIRAC right from the start, this makes no sense, I can not use the DYAMD THREE ARRIVAL because it does not exist on the STARS page.

Please anybody

Thank you Jacobus Homan

Please note page 9 of the Tutorial.  The product comes with cycle 1702 data, not 5 years out of date, and the Tutorial assumes that is the cycle you use.  Not sure how you ended up with navdata from 2013.

Dan Downs KCRP

3 hours ago, downscc said:

Not sure how you ended up with navdata from 2013.

If I recall correctly, if there's an older product already installed (e.g. the 777) with an older AIRAC, the default is not to overwrite it with the new one. I forget what needs to be done to install the newer navdata.

Walter Meier

47 minutes ago, wsmeier said:

If I recall correctly, if there's an older product already installed (e.g. the 777) with an older AIRAC, the default is not to overwrite it with the new one. I forget what needs to be done to install the newer navdata.

I think you are correct.  The solution would be to delete the contents of navdata and sidstar folders and run the QOTSII installer selecting REPAIR.  A five year old data set might be the NGX?

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you for your fast reply, you are absolutely correct, my PMDG 737 and 777 have the AIRAC 1309 Aug/Sep 18/2013 and now the new PMDG 747 V3 have the same airac.

This is absolutely grazy that the default can not overwrite the newer version, this should be corrected by PMDG or to make the client be aware of this problem and how to fix it.

Thanks again, Jacobus Homan

1 hour ago, jhoman said:

Thank you for your fast reply, you are absolutely correct, my PMDG 737 and 777 have the AIRAC 1309 Aug/Sep 18/2013 and now the new PMDG 747 V3 have the same airac.

This is absolutely grazy that the default can not overwrite the newer version, this should be corrected by PMDG or to make the client be aware of this problem and how to fix it.

Thanks again, Jacobus Homan

Thanks for you opinion, but in fact there are many people that don't want an installer to modify the navdata that they are using.  They may have modified those files for their own purposes. I don't think calling it crazy is helpful, perhaps you could have suggested the installer provide the user an option to either over write navdata or not over write it? 

Dan Downs KCRP

Also, Jacobus, I would heartily recommend subscribing to a nav data provider of some kind because it really enhances the sim experience - after a long sabbatical from simming, I’ve found, for example, that a lot of the SIDs have changed out of Heathrow - northbound departures have been using the WOBUN departure for decades now, but no longer, it would seem. What they’re doing in the real world just won’t be reflected in the FMS if your AIRAC isn’t up to date.

These services are expensive, though, so I canunderstand if you don’t.

Thanks RODON, something seriously to consider.