Sign in to follow this  
dutchkip

Not steering when taxiing

Upgraded to P3Dv4.3 which all went okay, but when trying to taxi to runway the steering will not work.

Although wheel is turning in the proper direction plane keeps going straight.

Anybody else have this problem?

20 minutes ago, dutchkip said:

Upgraded to P3Dv4.3 which all went okay, but when trying to taxi to runway the steering will not work.

If you are using Ezdok Camera v2, you need to upgrade to version 2.7.0.15

Downlaod 2.7.0.15...

Just install over v2, you don`t need reinstall.

Edited by Nickbe

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

4 hours ago, dutchkip said:

Using EZDok? If so, update it, or disable it.

If someone could explain how (or better yet) WHY a camera program is interfering with sim physics, and how everyone is okay with this, I'm all ears...

Edited by scandinavian13
  • Like 2

Kyle Rodgers

I'd love to know this too. Disabling "fuselage shakes" will also fix the problem as a workaround, but yeah, it's crazy that a camera app can cause this. It causes it on lots of other aircraft too.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

7 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

If someone could explain how (or better yet) WHY a camera program is interfering with sim physics, and how everyone is okay with this, I'm all ears...

The Ezdok Camera v2 simulates a plausible shaking when moving on different types of surface so there is an impact on the wheels. Each new version of P3D forces us to make corrections to the program code, so an update of Ezdok is required.

If the fuselage shaking is disabled for the aircraft in the air (by default), then Ezdok does not interfere in the physics of the SIM during the flight, all effects are valid only for the cameras.

9 minutes ago, Nickbe said:

The Ezdok Camera v2 simulates a plausible shaking when moving on different types of surface so there is an impact on the wheels. Each new version of P3D forces us to make corrections to the program code, so an update of Ezdok is required.

Why not shake the camera/viewpoint and not take over the physics of the airframe?

Kyle Rodgers

13 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Why not shake the camera/viewpoint and not take over the physics of the airframe? 

In Ezdok there is an opportunity to completely disable the shaking of the fuselage. If this is done, the impact on the physics of motion is completely excluded even when moving on the ground.

From the beginning of the development of the Ezdok v2, the ability to influence the physics of the fuselage was made for the realism of flying on light GA aircraft. In real life, there is a shaking of the fuselage of the aircraft depending on the engine and external factors. In combination with the shaking point of view, the shaking of the fuselage allows for a very reliable presence effect with accurate and correct adjustment.

29 minutes ago, Nickbe said:

In Ezdok there is an opportunity to completely disable the shaking of the fuselage. If this is done, the impact on the physics of motion is completely excluded even when moving on the ground.

Hmmm...maybe its me, but not seeing the answer to Kyle's question about why this method was chosen. Also, real names in the signature 🙂

From a GA aircraft standpoint, I get it.

When you're taxiing a light aircraft on a roughish surface, or even just sitting still with a large reciprocating engine running at low RPM, more than your head/POV shakes.  EVERYTHING shakes.  Sitting still in a Stearman or T-6 at idle, the cowling shakes relative to the ground/horizon.  Taxiing any light aircraft, the sight picture of cowling to horizon shakes/moves independently of your head. 

It's less relevant in a jet (and personally, I leave all the shake effects off in all sim aircraft because I just don't like them), but I can see what Nick is saying - any attempt to replicate this halfway realistically is gonna have to move the actual aircraft relative to the world, and not just your viewpoint. 

• Like 1

Andrew Crowley