Sign in to follow this  
CavalierDuck

Orbx 4th July Sale!

In case you haven't seen the email yet, Orbx is having a 4th July 24 hour flash sale on US airports and regions - nice timing ahead of our flight around S Alaska this weekend, if (like me) you don't have it yet!

Just what I need! I bought Gold Coast airport last week simply to fill the gap! Harrumph!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

3 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Just what I need! I bought Gold Coast airport last week simply to fill the gap! Harrumph!

Its only US stuff.  I was going to get Stewart and Bella cola but I guess not.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Thinking of getting an airport to go with Southern Alaska - is Juneau a good choice? As well as being a base for exploring the region, I like that I can get a 737 / A319 or other small airliner in, the challenging approach, and there's the floatplane facility also.  Am I going to be disappointed if I get it with these expectations?

No, you would not be disappointed. I think Juneau is a good choice!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

11 minutes ago, CavalierDuck said:

Thinking of getting an airport to go with Southern Alaska - is Juneau a good choice? As well as being a base for exploring the region, I like that I can get a 737 / A319 or other small airliner in, the challenging approach, and there's the floatplane facility also.  Am I going to be disappointed if I get it with these expectations?

Juneau is an excellent choice Nick.  You will enjoy flying your Alaska Airlines 737 on an RNAV approach, in bad weather with the HGS down,  peering out the windscreen looking for the approach lights, then runway in sight, autopilot and autothrottle off, the final bank to runway heading, gentle flare, touchdown, spoilers & reverse, and your done.  Very satisfying. 

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

3 hours ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

Its only US stuff.  I was going to get Stewart and Bella cola but I guess not.

Yeah what happend to a Canada day sale on July 1st?  lol

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.