Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Carenado 390 Premier IA

This is the view of the lights when I'm trying to start the engine https://photos.app.goo.gl/uJsgGi3CfneFrLBc6

Only one of the LOW OIL PRESS lights have gone off on the R side, which is the side I have tried to start.

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Gary,

Not familiar with  your joystick.  OK, verify you are doing this.  Below each throttle there is a black lever probably about an inch or two long.  If you click on them they will move from cutoff to idle or if they are at idle will move to cutoff.  What I do to start is first click on these levers so they will go to cutoff.  Then I turn on the ignition switch and ECU switch and push the start button.  At about 12% of N2 (at the top of the display) I click on the black lever on which engine I'm trying to start.  The throttle will move to idle and the engine starts.  That's about all the suggestions I can think of right now.  If something else comes to mind I'll let you know.

Jim 

Thanks Jim, I appreciate you trying to help. What you describe is exactly what I try, but it simply doesn't work. I'm not sure where is better to ask the question. Do you know if I should contact Corenado, and how?

Gaz

On 7/6/2018 at 12:19 PM, b1bmsgt said:

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Yeah, you might go ahead and contact Carenado.  Just go to their web page, select Support, Sign in, Submit a Request. Go from there.  Good luck.

Jim

Thanks Jim, I've done it. 

On 7/6/2018 at 12:19 PM, b1bmsgt said:

Gaz on Facebook

Hi Gary,

Just had another thought.  When you start P3D are you starting with one of the default planes?  Sometimes not doing so can cause problems.  That has caused me problems in the past.  

Jim

Hiya. Yeah, it's like 'out of the box'. 

I did get some specific instructions from their support :

• It seems the simulator variables changed to fuel shutoff valve to off, to solve this change aircraft to the Maule Orion, and move the fuel shutoff valve to BOTH, then retunr to the premier and press CTRL+SHIFT+F4 and then try the start procedure again

The suggestion they sent hasn't helped and I told them. Since then, JustFlight have sent an email saying there is a new update to the plane, but actually the version they give me a link to is the same as the one I already had, so I don't know if it had anything to do with my support call. I've let them know and I'm hoping to get some more support. I've tried the version they linked me to anyway, and as expected, there is no change 😣

Gaz on Facebook

The support advice they offered is about the same as what I suggested.  What I meant was to designate a plane that came with P3d and make it your default plane which will load automatically when you start the sim.  Make sure it starts and runs ok then turn off.  Then select the Premier and try to start using the method I said to use previously.  What prompted me to post this is that it seemed that you thought "default plane" was the Premier out of the box.  Not sure of your experience in P3D so don't mean to insult your intelligence.  If you need some guidance on how to do this let me know.

Jim

35 minutes ago, planenut said:

Then select the Premier and try to start using the method I said to use previously

That's what I do and the Premier starts for me every time.

Now, if I could just get the JustFlight Arrow to start...

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

2 hours ago, b1bmsgt said:

That's what I do and the Premier starts for me every time.

I wish I knew how to record me going through the process, or even let someone remote onto my machine and see it, showing what is going wrong. 

Gaz on Facebook

Unplug the joystick, launch P3D, and try starting the jet just using the keyboard and mouse.  Let's see what happens.

Hi,

I'm going out on a limb here but I'm getting the drift that you have not yet gotten the engines started. Correct? What you are describing suggests that you are attempting to start the engines without opening the fuel valves (mixture full rich). It won't start without the fuel valves open and I have not yet been able to figure out how to do it myself without a key command. So try this: go to OPTIONS-SETTINGS-CONTROLS (I hope we're talking FSX here. There is undoubtedly an equivalent in P3D but I don't know what it is.) Then you need to go to the mixture full rich command and see what key command is assigned to.. If there is none, follow the screen instructions and create one. Back in the cockpit, shove all the ignition levers forward, press the yellow buttons (starters) and press the mixture ffull Rich key command. It should start then. In the real airplane, as Greg Mink the Premier driver will show you, you apparently need to push the throttle levers forward to the first detent, but it doesn't work for me either.

I have already posted extensively about my experiences with this airplane but I now have it FINALLY flyable if only with a Garmin 530. I have seen all the videos you have described and maybe some others and I agree with you none of them is particularly helpful. The suggestion about the normal procedures manual is probably as good as any.I have gotten to where I can fly it cross-country (I'm on an RTW at the moment) just by trying things. It really is a good flying airplane completely dependable and very honest. It lands like a butterfly. I have found that I don't miss the Pro line/Navigraph at all.

Hope I am not completely misunderstanding your issue and making an [prohibited word] of myself LOL! Good luck with it . Don't hesitate to PM me if I can help in any other way.

Tres

Hi Tres,

I previously explained how to start the engines.  To open the fuel valves you have to click on the small black tabs (about 1 or 2 inches long) just below the throttle handles.  If the throttles are in cutoff, they will move to idle.  If they are in idle they will move to cutoff.  If you have tool tips on, when you hover the mouse over one of the tabs (or what ever you call them) it will say "level (I think they mean lever) fuel valve right (or left)) open or cut" depending on what position the throttle is in.  Hope I have explained this clearly.

Jim

9 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

Unplug the joystick, launch P3D, and try starting the jet just using the keyboard and mouse.  Let's see what happens.

I never use the joystick any Operations in the cockpit, except flaps. Certainly before I touch the engines, I haven't used the joystick. 

Gaz on Facebook

7 hours ago, planenut said:

If you have tool tips on, when you hover the mouse over one of the tabs (or what ever you call them) it will say "level (I think they mean lever) fuel valve right (or left)) open or cut" depending on what position the throttle is in.  Hope I have explained this clearly.

I'll take another look, but I'm sure this is what I'm doing. When I start, the engine levers are in a cutoff state. I move ecu and ignition switches to on (although I've tried not doing that), then pressed the yellow engine button. When the N2 gets above 20, I move the throttle to idle. (The button to do that is difficult to find, but I've tried it so many times, I find it easy.) from then on, I don't get N1 above 5.

CARENADO are now telling me to try Ctrl +E at that moment. I'll try that, but I've always thought of Ctrl+E as a shortcut. 

Gaz on Facebook