Sign in to follow this  
tasso1988

Strange artifacts dynamic lighting P3D v4.3

Hello, I have encountered very strange artifacts with dynamic lighting enabled in P3D v4.3 

Video link below: 

RIG: 

I7-7700k 4.5 Ghz 

EVGA SC 2 1080ti 

16 GB 3000Mhz RAM 

SSD 

Link to settings: 

https://imgur.com/a/FxCUb5W 

I understand that SSAA and dynamic lighting don't  mix well but I was thinking it should result in loss if FPS but not in black squares flickering all over the screen. 

Has anyone come across the same issue? Should I start getting worried of my GPU? 

Thanks! 

UPDATE: Just relocated from Aerosoft LEBL to Taxi 2 Gate LFPG - no artifacts anymore. Maybe just turning dynamic lighting on in settings without complete scenery reload may lead to textures being not loaded properly? 

Edited by tasso1988

What’s your gpu temps at? Are you running reshade ect?

Edited by z06z33

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

17 minutes ago, z06z33 said:

What’s your gpu temps at? Are you running reshade ect?

GPU temps are 70-71 C 

No reshade 

As I have updated before this thing happens right now only in Aerosoft Barcelona El Prat. I have tried three addon airports - LFPG, LTAI and EDDF and all are working just fine. Returned to El Prat - have the same flickering... 

Edited by tasso1988

fyi latest LEBL is at 1.10

Pierre

I had the same issue, just reloaded and it was fine. Just a glitch and i'm not too concerned about it. I was using 4xMSSA.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

2 hours ago, ppo said:

fyi latest LEBL is at 1.10

Thanks, I am just having a problem with this version + Barcelona city scene from ORBX. 

50 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

I had the same issue, just reloaded and it was fine. Just a glitch and i'm not too concerned about it. I was using 4xMSSA.

Did a reload of the PC and sim and now I have green dots flickering instead of the black ones :))) Interestingly I have it only when parked at gate of the terminal and only in this airport with any AA setting. 

Edited by tasso1988

29 minutes ago, tasso1988 said:

Thanks, I am just having a problem with this version + Barcelona city scene from ORBX. 

Did a reload of the PC and sim and now I have green dots flickering instead of the black ones :))) Interestingly I have it only when parked at gate of the terminal and only in this airport with any AA setting. 

@tasso1988 Checked the Orbx Forum, seems to be a Vector issue, run the vector configurator, do the auto thing, and make sure frozen water is un ticked. I also turned off water bodies.

Somebody had posted on their forum about the issue, and running vector config appears to fix it.

Edited by ZKOKQ

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

19 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

@tasso1988 Checked the Orbx Forum, seems to be a Vector issue, run the vector configurator, do the auto thing, and make sure frozen water is un ticked. I also turned off water bodies.

Somebody had posted on their forum about the issue, and running vector config appears to fix it.

Thanks for advising, tried to disable frozen water and water bodies + rerun autoconfig. Didn't do the trick for me...  

I believe this is an issue with dynamic lighting with P3D V4. Its either an issue with Lockheed Martin's side (highly likely) or some addon developers side as it only happens at certain times, airports and areas plus I have found that some areas which your nose is positioned the issue can occur at a much more frequent rate. The issue does not occur when outside of the cockpit, only while in the virtual cockpit and primarily when lights are turned on or there is a big cluster such as street lights nearby. 

Although it seems small, its a rather big issue and can be particularly distracting at times.

I have asked LM to investigate it further and various other things dynamic lighting is notorious for in V4. I hope we get a solution or answer soon as I am starting to tear my hair out with frustration.

On 7/25/2018 at 12:59 AM, shamrockflyer said:

I believe this is an issue with dynamic lighting with P3D V4. Its either an issue with Lockheed Martin's side (highly likely) or some addon developers side as it only happens at certain times, airports and areas plus I have found that some areas which your nose is positioned the issue can occur at a much more frequent rate. The issue does not occur when outside of the cockpit, only while in the virtual cockpit and primarily when lights are turned on or there is a big cluster such as street lights nearby. 

Although it seems small, its a rather big issue and can be particularly distracting at times.

I have asked LM to investigate it further and various other things dynamic lighting is notorious for in V4. I hope we get a solution or answer soon as I am starting to tear my hair out with frustration.

Hello! Thank you for following up on this with LM.. Just wondering if there was any fix offered on their side in the long run or have you found a solution yourself?

Edited by tasso1988

30 minutes ago, tasso1988 said:

Just wondering if there was any fix offered on their side in the long run or have you found a solution yourself?

They offered no fix, I don't think they even consider this an issue on their side. If LM don't investigate this further, then I wouldn't expect a fix for several months. Atleast it has been brought to their attention though.