Sign in to follow this  
Ioan92

About that thread: P3D 4.1 CTD near Labrador [4.2 and 4.3 too]

3 minutes ago, tooting said:

Ok I use all of those too. Did we eliminate orbx vector?  And all the sec files and flatten files it dumps into the sim? 

That's my next step. I just uninstalled Vector and will give the route another shot.

5 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

That's my next step. I just uninstalled Vector and will give the route another shot.

Your doing gods work mate. Thank you 

14ppkc-6.png

3 hours ago, tooting said:

Your doing gods work mate. Thank you 

After uninstalling Orbx Vector, I just managed to complete the flight on the third try without crashing. Whether or not this was a fluke or an actual solution--I have no idea, but I'll update this thread if I crash again.

Aaaand nevermind. It just crashed on another route I've had issues with. PMDG 747 KJFK-PANC. Also over Canada. 

90QbIE4.png

15 hours ago, Chapstick said:

How can an error in scenery files (maybe even perfect scenery files) cause a CTD for some and not all?

1. A dll added to the sim reads the faulty data without error checking and its eyes turn to little crosses crashing the sim.

2. A dll added to the sim reads perfect data it doesn't understand or has no memory to accommodate enough of it at that time to make sense and its eyes turn to little crosses crashing the sim.

So If it is found that Vector increases the chance of the error it could be a good test for those dlls, but it would not necessarily be a fault in the data.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

53 minutes ago, SteveW said:

How can an error in scenery files (maybe even perfect scenery files) cause a CTD for some and not all?

I dunno man... I’m grasping at straws at this point.

Hi,

Umberto has corected a error in Couatl code. Perhaps that correction will help.
Just trying a flight LFPG to CYYZ passing throu labrador...

I'll tell you the result;

Yves

edit : the result is : CTD between URTAK and ALSOP,...

Edited by yvesamuel

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX