flyinpilot212121

Freeware scenery for P3D - AI Traffic?

Good afternoon fellow simmers,

I'm running P3D V4.2 stock other then Active sky, ASCA and orbx base package. I did an internet search on freeware add-on scenery for p3d but didn't come up with anything clear and concise. I'm wondering if there are any freeware scenery airports available for P3D? I come straight from FS9 and remember FS9 having a plethora of scenery airports freeware, having said that I also don't want to "Break" my P3D either, I'm very cautious in what I install in P3D to avoid frustration.... Should payware be the only avenue to take in order to keep my P3D safe?

As well, figured Id get 2 birds with one stone, When it comes to AI traffic, I also couldn't come up with anything clear, everything I found online regarding AI was pretty daunting, but is there any easy to use real world AI that can be injected in P3D painlessly? Again going back to my FS9 days, I remember using world of AI which was incredibly easy to use, does something like that work for P3D?

To sum up:
1) Are there any good freeware airport scenery that wont break my P3D

2) How does one go about installing AI without having to do any hardcore programming?

Thanks
Gerry

The AVSIM Library has at least a dozen or so freeware airports for P3D4. I have several and they work just fine!

• Like 1

Here you can find a lot of freeware scenery and the ones which work for P3D are specially marked. 

http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx.html

Also most of the FSX scenery you can compile to P3D. Once you get the hang of it, it is quite easy and fast to do. 

For the traffic I would suggest to buy an addon (UTL or traffic global). In my humble opinion It is just not worth the pain to get a freeware program running in P3D. I use Traffic Global and can’t complain.

also on a side note...like you said you almost don’t have any addons running, why do you not just use the latest P3D version to benefit from the latest improvements?

17 hours ago, Labbi85 said:

also on a side note...like you said you almost don’t have any addons running, why do you not just use the latest P3D version to benefit from the latest improvements?

Thanks for the replies! I’ll dig into these products a little deeper.

As for updating to V4.3, I don’t really see anything that would be of great benefit in the way I use P3D to update, So I was thinking of waiting till the next update.

Thanks Again everyone

Gerry

Edited by flyinpilot212121

23 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

As for updating to V4.3, I don’t really see anything that would be of great benefit in the way I use P3D to update, So I was thinking of waiting till the next update.

It's free for V4 users and it fixes bugs and provides some updates to V4.  Think V5 will be released early next year and that will not be free.