Sign in to follow this  
Guest LAX5x5

Is anyone else content with Flight Simulator 2004?

Guest Voodoo

Hello fellow FS-enthusiasts,since the signs for a next version of Flight Simulator, namely the relase of FS X, are getting clearer from day to day, I wonder if there is anyone else in this community who likes Flight Simulator 2004 as it is and doesn't even consider about moving on to FS X.I have got almost all the add-ons for FS 9 I wanted or better said, which make FS2004 more enjoyable for me, except for a great A320 cockpit or a better Twin Otter :), and so far I am very happy with my 'old' simulator as it is. I absolutely see no reason to change to a newer version right now, especially when I am thinking about all the needed installation procedures, patches, addons I would have to miss with the use of FS X or the new hardware which is needed.Don't get me wrong, not that I am not looking forward to FS X but why should I change a perfectly running game. I know FS2004 has its problems but somehow I have got the feeling that these problems are not addressed in the new version in the amount they should be.My two euro cent! :)best regards,Christianhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/chrismo/sigsky.jpgVacation: wasted time between 2 flights!

Hi Christian,Like you, I find that the many add-ons I've acquired have made an enormous impact on the enjoyment of the sim. That said, I'm sure to want the latest and greatest when it's released. It's akin to a child seeing a new toy in the store. He's not sure he needs it, but you can bet he wants it.I'm sure I'll take the plunge even knowing I'll need new hardware in order to enjoy it to the fullest. It's been the same through countless variations of the product. I'm too old to change now :-)Jim Karnhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_pf.jpg

Guest ThrottleUp

Yea me 2, Ive thrown a lot of money at FS9 addons its made a massive difference to the simulator. I know my FS9 will never be uninstalled, it will reside beside its new brother FSX on the computer!

I'll probably run them both side by side for a while. I agree though - there's no reason to drop FS9 like a rock.And I think people all over the FS world are really getting a little too worried about their rigs. I think FSX will run fine on most current rig specs. I won't be rushing out for upgrades.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I don't need all my add ons in FSX for me to move.Even though I have tonnes of add ons, I don't use them all.If I get the PMDG747, Te DF Baron and Aerosoft's King Air, and few Airports sceneries, FSUIPC, Active skyI'd jump ship.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I am 'content' with FS2004, but that doesn't mean I won't move to FSX...FSX will get there. Spend the first month flying stock FSX with default aircraft...then add an a/c or two. Well actually I'll probably load a 3rd party aircraft on the 2nd day. :)Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I guess I am different here. I have most payware and rarely fly most of them as the world around them is so lacking from the real world. Since getting FS9 I have had a few real flights with friends and FS just doesn't compare, it is less detailed and so static that it is hard to enjoy the flight in FS. I realised awhile back the main reason I bought addons was I was hoping/thinking that it would somehow transform and change my experience.Funny how so many complain about the new eye candy in FSX, but I have all the aircraft/systems I need, what I need is a more realistic world to fly them in and hopefully FSX will be a step closer.I have had FS9 open nearly every other day since it came out, either flying or designing, so I have had plenty of time in it, time for a facelift in my mind - bring it on!!Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/tfbeta.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW

I'm happy with FS9; if it was the last FS version ever to be released from MS, I'd be content to keep using what I've got.However, I still will be buying FSX when it comes out. Time will tell how quickly I actually migrate over to it, though... Depends on FS9 compatibility wiht my complex aircraft, and whatnot.. :)

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Mountain flight & topography data-bases are my number one item in flight simulations. Since FSX will have a higher resolution mesh data-base capability, I'll drop FS9 like it never existed! :D Just look at the before and after topography pics, and it's a no brain-er as far as I'm concerned.L.Adamson

Guest JIMJAM

Looking at all the addons people are buying is a give away that people are foaming at the mouth for anything new.Poeple are buying water.Want some roads,buying itWant some clouds,buying itWant to hear the other planes,buying it.See more planes,SOLD$$Want the sky to be a different color, buying it.Trees,grass,buying itAtc,buying it.Airports,buying it.Runway textures, gotta have it.Anything that resembles a plane and tested by "real pilots", ca ching$$$Gauges,panels,maps,radars,all for saleI could go on but you get the drift.Yeah I would say most of us are looking for anything new.Buying that small breath of fresh air and that little something to stretch FS9 just a little longer its getting VERY expensive.

I honestly can't wait for FSX. FS9 has been truly amazing for us, a huge leap in the genre. FSX growth will be even better. We already have amazing add-ons coming out for FSX. Eaglesoft, LDS 757, PMDG MD11/A320/B737X etc etc. And an SDK right in the box, add-ons will be compatible faster and new add-ons will be created faster as well. I'm ready for the "next generation" so to speak.

I will wait. FS9 is beautiful in the dawn and evening. That is when I like to fly. Nite also.jimCYWG

the only reason why I will fly FSX only once it comes out, FRAMERATES! Heres hoping they are better than FS9 in the VC with all the addons

Guest av84fun

I think that FSX deserves its "day in court" (of user opinion).However, unlike FS9, I will not be an early adopter of FSX unless it comes with a very major ATC upgrade. Here are my reasons:1. I have a fairly monstrous rig and frame rates are not an issue.2. FS9 scenery has been massively upgraded (at significant cost to the users for a large array of scenery add-ons) but upgraded nevertheless. I doubt very seriously that FSX will match, let alone exceed the GREAT payware sceneary that is available but am more than willing to be pleasantly surprised, 3. I am an IFR jock and the MOST fun I have is shooting approaches under conditions as realistic as possible. FS9 deserves, maybe a C- grade on ATC interaction. Of course, this is just personal preference but I would pay several times the cost of MSFS for a highly advanced ATC package with REALISTIC voices even if that software had no scenery AT ALL except that which is within 3 miles of the airports.Just my 2 cents.Regards,Jim

I am currently very happy with my FS9 setup, but I know that I will get FSX on the first day of the release. FS9 will still remain on my HDD until my favorite must-have addons have been ported to FSX. After that FS9 will be history.Pat