Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

AUTOPILOT DISC message when established on ILS

I have  sudden A/P discount problem.No solution found yet. Possible hardware problem. I am going to fly same route let me see what will happen

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Unfortunately  I cannot  complete the flight at 37000ft A/P suddenly  disconnected. I cancelled the flight. I am going to replace my  yoke.

Edited by asanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

10 hours ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

Again, many thanks for the thoughtful help from each of you.

Richard,

I've got to believe it is cause by a spike. The AP kicked off as soon as you moved the mouse.  

It does appear that there is an AFCAD problem with the scenery where the scenery ILS track and that for the aircraft.  

What are you using to move around your cockpit?

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

I just checked the AFCAD and there are no issues.  What I did notice is two VORs in your scenery which indicates that there are two sceneries in use.  You need to check and make sure that the two sceneries are not causing a conflict and disable one of them.

The aircraft was in a slip and should have been in a crab on the approach.  Maybe Kyle can explain that since he has more technical knowledge as to why that would happen.  

It very well could be that the AP got conflicting data and checked out, that's what they tend to do in the real world. 🙂

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Hi Wilhelm,

I have checked for files containing the characters KGSO and found 2 KGSO.xml files. I do not understand what these do but, as they are Aivlasoft EFB files, I have uninstalled Aivlasoft. I don't believe that I shall require Aivlasoft after we have the onboard Navigraph-based EFB with the PMDG 748 and updated 777.

I have the KGSO scenery as a part of the Orbx FTX Global NA Airport Pack. I hope that this doesn't contain anything duplicate. As I only fly tube-liners, I am happy to uninstall the pack as necessary.

I will report if further problems.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Edited by Richard McDonald Woods

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Gents,

This is the last time I'm going to interject on this topic, for better or worse:

I firmly believe that, if you are looking anywhere other than sim physics or hardware interaction, you are going to be chasing a ghost. The video is clear evidence of disturbance of the aircraft outside of its automated systems. Scenery cannot cause this, even with a misaligned ILS, buildings being out of place, or even a PeopleFlow White Rabbit hopping around...

Don't follow the white rabbit...

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

I do appreciate all of your comments. I cannot think of further actions to resolve, partly because of my restricted software expertise. I am therefore happy to leave this topic as is until I get a similar situation again which may shed more light.

Many thanks,

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Richard,

have you

- FSUIPC installed?

- if so, taken the FSUIPC.ini out of the Modules folder and tried again?

as Kyle says: don‘t play around with abstruse parts of the sim... 

very very very [... very....] likely your rudder trim has been set to full right/left, cant remember righr now. If YOU haven‘t don‘e this, something else (not the plane!!) has done that. First bet: FSUIPC. If that‘s true then it is misconfigured for sure. Then it‘s very probable too that those hardcore rollercoaster sessions come from FSUIPC. Take it out of the equation and check again before you delete things tht don‘t influence the plane 😉

don‘t make it worse you‘ll end up in frustration... 

if it‘s NOT Fsuipc then it is most likely any other programm that in any form moves your plane. Ezdok, chaseplane, i don‘t know frictionprogramms and so on... least likely but still possible active sky.

11 minutes ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

I do appreciate all of your comments. I cannot think of further actions to resolve, partly because of my restricted software expertise. I am therefore happy to leave this topic as is until I get a similar situation again which may shed more light.

No reason not to carry forward, honestly. My post earlier was simply a warning.

Going down the rabbit hole of chasing scenery and other things that don't modify/affect sim physics is very likely to be a giant waste of time.

Say you're in a deserted landscape, but are hungry. You stop at a fork in the road, and some random dude is standing there and says "there's nothing down this road here, but there's a city about 20 miles down that road there." He doesn't specify what, exactly, you can find there food-wise, but does that mean you stop and wait at the fork until you can properly figure out what possible options are down each path? I'd argue, no. Dude said "don't go that way," so drive down the other fork and see what you can find out as you drive. Could there be some random back-country, wonderful "greasy spoon" restaurant down the road he suggested avoiding? Could be...but chances are high that there is not.

Is there a possibility that I don't know what I'm talking about? Yeah, absolutely. There could be some 1:1M fluke that scenery causes our plane to freak out, but I really, honestly, 100% believe that if you chase the scenery idea, you will waste time and only find frustration. Look for the logical items: things that, in the sim, will beat the plane around. Those items will be adjustments to physics (A2A's real physics thing, EZDOK's camera shake, and weather add-on turbulence), adjustments to control interfaces (FSUIPC, namely), or your hardware directly.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

A very impressive anecdote.

I have no A2A-like product, don't use FSUIPC, use Chaseplane and Active Sky. That leaves 'hardware directly', but I have no further ideas.

Many thanks,

Cheers, Richard

3 hours ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

use Chaseplane and Active Sky

Try without these, but...

3 hours ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

That leaves 'hardware directly', but I have no further ideas.

I really think that this is the issue. Open up your axis settings page and have a look in the drop down menu (the one that selects which hardware you want to adjust). You might find that some random USB device has been picked up by the sim (my PTT switch that I used when I controlled on VATSIM, for example, would trigger the brakes, because the sim would assign Button 1 to brakes for all hardware with buttons). That, or a device has an axis assigned to it, improperly (my throttle, for example, would get roll assigned to throttle 1, and pitch to throttle 2, and throttle itself would be some random slider axis elsewhere on the hardware). Axes do not always send data to the sim. If there is another axis for that axis (two different controllers have a pitch axis assigned to them), it may ignore the second one for an entire flight until "new" data comes from that second controller with the duplicate axis. Now the sim is trying to resolve to pieces of hardware shouting conflicting information at it.

Have a go at it, intentionally: set throttle on one device, and set it again on a second one. Set both to idle, and then set full thrust on the other. It might actually allow this "latest" command to set the throttle in the sim, and it might actually leave it there. After that, go to the second device and tap a (non-throttle-related) button/axis and watch the sim tap-dance between the two.

Similar can be seen with our aircraft at T/D: before T/D, the A/T rolls the throttle back. In the real plane, the physical thrust lever position is servo'd back at the same time. Since most home-simmer throttles don't have servos in them, the throttle position is left where it was at T/O (full). This means that the sim throttle variable is 0%, and the hardware throttle variable is 100%. As long as no "new" updates are fired off from the hardware, the sim will carry along with the 0% in-sim throttle position until a button is pressed on that hardware, or the sim throttle is tapped. This explains a lot of the new-user "THROTTLE BUG!!!" threads, where they rant and rave that the A/T "suddenly" set the throttle to the max, when in reality, the A/T dropped into HOLD mode in the descent, which allows the crew to manually set a throttle position (which we have modeled), and the sim picked up the hardware being at 100%...and...well...there they go!

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

Many thanks for your efforts.

I am using the latest version of P3Dv4.3.

My Axis Assignments page shows only 4 controllers - Mouse Yoke, Mouse Look, CH PRO PEDALS USB, and Saitek X52 Flight Control System.

Mouse Yoke - has no assignments.

Mouse Look - had Look left/right assigned which I have now deleted because I use Chaseplane

CH PRO PEDALS USB - has Brake (left axis) assigned to X Axis reversed; Brake (right axis) assigned to Y Axis reversed; Rudder axis assigned to Z Axis not reversed. Calibrated as per P3D instructions.

Saitek X52 Pro Flight Control System - Ailerons axis assigned to X Axis not reversed; Elevator axis assigned to Y Axis not reversed; Rudder axis assigned to Rz Axis not reversed; and Throttle axis assigned to Z Axis not reversed.

I have now deleted the freeware airports because I shall not fly to them again when I have the new version of the PMDG 777-300ER (or second best for me, the PMDG 747-8). So presumably I shall have to await another occurrence of the same problem. 

Do you agree with my settings?

Again, many thanks.

Cheers, Richard

8 minutes ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

Rudder axis assigned to Rz Axis not reversed

Kick that one out as you do not need the assignment anyways. (It's for ppl without a separate rudder)

8 minutes ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

I have now deleted the freeware airports

Maybe if you hear it for an xn time;

The scenery is not the root of your problem.

Edited by 30K

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

I would disable Chaseplane and ActiveSky and re-fly that approach.

If I were into betting (I am not) I would bet that you get no disconnect then.

Liberia is my neck of the woods.  Although I can't say I've ever shoehorned my 777 into there.  I'll be trying this approach soon.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

2 hours ago, Mace said:

I would disable Chaseplane and ActiveSky and re-fly that approach.

If I were into betting (I am not) I would bet that you get no disconnect then.

Liberia is my neck of the woods.  Although I can't say I've ever shoehorned my 777 into there.  I'll be trying this approach soon.

some  how  I  doubt its  either  of  these  since  if it  was  than there  would  be  heaps  of posts  on this  issues  that Richard  has

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg