Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob Marton

PMDG aircraft Gate Assignments at LatinVFR KMIA 3

When I land my PMDG aircraft at LatinVFR KMIA 3, the P3D default ATC always assigns me to a cargo gate.

Does anyone know of a way to get ATC to direct me to a Terminal instead?

I appreciate any suggestions

Thanks

Rob

Check your aircraft.cfg file.  In there, look for the particular livery you are using and verify that it has an 'airline_park_codes' entry and that it has the proper 3 letter code for your airline.  I'm not totally sure now that 'airline_park_codes' is the correct entry but it's something like that.  Most of the repaints for liveries do not include this entry unfortunately.  It's up to the painters to put it there and most don't.

Past that, then the airport needs to have your airline code assigned to some gates there.  So, for MIA, if you're flying an American Airlines livery, you should have 'AAL' in the aircraft.cfg -> airline_park_codes and then MIA should have gates that have 'AAL' at it.  Being that this is a good 3rd party developer for that airport, I would assume that they have assigned the proper gates.  If you want to double check, you have to open the AFCAD file(s) for that airport and check.  Again, I can't remember the program now that can do that for you but if you google for AFCAD editor, you should be able to find it.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Don't use default ATC... unless you are just gaming.  It is the most unrealistic aspect of this otherwise good product.

Dan Downs KCRP

It’s ATC_parking_codes= you’re looking for.  It drives me crazy when addon developers don’t add this line, it would literally take 5 seconds.  None of PMDG’s aircraft include this for some reason.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Thank you for your answers.

Dave you are correct, when I opened the PMDG NGX Aircraft.cfg file to check there was no ATC_Parking code option.

is it "safe" to add such a line, and if so, what is the exact phrasing of the item?

Rob

32 minutes ago, downscc said:

Don't use default ATC... unless you are just gaming.  It is the most unrealistic aspect of this otherwise good product.

Dan you have a point, default ATC is really lacking, however going thru cancer at the moment, the default ATC will need to drone on a tad longer, as my Flight sim funds are now being directed to hospital bills.

18 minutes ago, Bob Marton said:

Thank you for your answers.

Dave you are correct, when I opened the PMDG NGX Aircraft.cfg file to check there was no ATC_Parking code option.

is it "safe" to add such a line, and if so, what is the exact phrasing of the item?

Rob

Yes, keep a backup of original. Something like ATC_parking_code = SWA depending on where you want to park (each parking spot usually has a list of airline codes) and livery.  Keep in mind that you could just taxi to any spot you want and park.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Bob, the exact phrase is atc_parking_codes=AAL (for an American Airlines aircraft).  You can change the AAL part to the ICAO airline code for whatever airline you're flying with.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.