Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Pro ATC X users

I'm sorry for asking this question because there are some really good videos for this app on YouTube. 

I have a basic problem in that after I create the flight plan, I don't know how to go into P3Dv4, launch the Pro ATC X soon to talk to the controllers. How do you start the app up when you're in the flight sim? 

Thanks, Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

ok I'll paraphrase the manual, which I suggest you read - 

Start ProATCX first - select and load your plan - load up P3D at the proper location for your flight - click the flightplan selection in PATCX - click fly now -  they should now be talking to each other if you have set the frequencies properly.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Gary,

To open the Proatcx GUI in Prepar3d v4, you need to assign various buttons for each function, within the ProatcX program before using, ie in my Prepar3d v4.2 installation, I have assigned the letter 'm' to open the Proatcx menu within P3dv4 and  then select the desired action, '1', for instance, talks to, clearance delivery, ground, tower etc. There were issues with Prepar3dv4 and Proatcx not allowing assigned numbers to open in the game, but 'workarounds' have been adopted.

I suggest you read the manual, as mentioned by Vic, all your questions and concerns will be answered in the ProatcX forums here http://www.pointsoftware.de/proatcxforum/forum/.

I suggest you also download various 'voicepacks' giving different world accents and don't forget to setup 'background ATC chatter' for more realism.

Hope this helps

steve

Edited by JustanotherPilot

steve southey

Here's how I do it.

1. Start Pro ATC and create a flight. If you want to use an existing flight you don't have to do anything further.

2. Start P3D, set up the flight and start it.

3. Once in the cockpit Alt-tab to Pro ATC, rightclick on the flight you want to use and select Fly now.

4. Set the options you want in the screen you see next (those options are saved so if you've done this once already you can press OK immediately). I personally only enable Create default flight plans and Load flight plan automatically: this way the plan is also loaded into Active Sky which I also use.

5. Go back to P3D (click on its window ir use Alt-tab) and there you should see a message on top (if you have on screen display enabled) telling you to set the shown radio frequency to contact Clearance Delivery. You can also see the frequency in Pro ATC's Flight Plan Information window which you can access from within the sim (check the option screen within ProATC to see what shortcut it is).

Proceed from there on!

Edited by Guest

Here you go mate:-

And you might need this if you fly the FSL A320/18

And this might also come in handy:-

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565/

Edited by SierraHotel
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

That looks fantastic, I'll give it a go. I especially like :

1 hour ago, J van E said:

Go back to P3D (click on its window ir use Alt-tab) and there you should see a message on top (if you have on screen display enabled) telling you to set the shown radio frequency to contact Clearance Delivery.

One thing I'm not keen on is managing the radio frequencies and setting them up at any point in the flight. Honestly, I rely on the ATC box and just being able to select an option, rather than having to type in the next frequency. 

Does Pro ATC X do this? Or do I always have to type in frequencies? 

Thanks, Gaz

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Hi Gaz, yes, you can set it to look after all radio frequency changes or have the full co-pilot, I use FS2Crew so only have radio switch set. If you watch the video above I take you through all the settings. Any probs msg me.

Edited by SierraHotel

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

50 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

Hi Gaz, yes, you can set it to look after all radio frequency changes or have the full co-pilot, I use FS2Crew so only have radio switch set. If you watch the video above I take you through all the settings. Any probs msg me.

That's brilliant, I'll watch it now. Thanks! 

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

gaz

one question .... what plane "type" are  you flying & if you want, some screenies of your settings, particularly the options pages.

for now, cheers

john martin

I always go to the airport database section pf Pro-ATC/X and search for the departure airport in order to obtain the correct radio frequencies for Clearance, Ground, Departure, etc. This way, I know I have the correct frequencies.

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

13 minutes ago, vadriver said:

one question .... what plane "type" are  you flying & if you want, some screenies of your settings, particularly the options pages.

Well, at the moment I'm using P3Dv4, aerosoft Airbus Professional. Which options page are you thinking of, and I'll get some shots for you?

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

3 minutes ago, beechcaptain said:

I always go to the airport database section pf Pro-ATC/X and search for the departure airport in order to obtain the correct radio frequencies for Clearance, Ground, Departure, etc. This way, I know I have the correct frequencies.

Yeah, but that exactly not what I want. In the default system, it sets the frequencies to the frequency atc has told me to, just by pressing '1'. I wouldn't want to have to write down frequencies and manually change them. I can see that some would like it, but not me. 

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

1 hour ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Yeah, but that exactly not what I want. In the default system, it sets the frequencies to the frequency atc has told me to, just by pressing '1'. I wouldn't want to have to write down frequencies and manually change them. I can see that some would like it, but not me. 

Gaz

you  could  always  go  to the moving  map  and  it  will tell  you  the next  way point  to go  etc  and  what  freq   your  suppose  to set

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Iirc you can set the pro atc co pilot to change the frequencies and handle all that for you, but you will have to manually tune the first clearance delivery frequency.  After that it will do the rest.

1 hour ago, ShawnG said:

Iirc you can set the pro atc co pilot to change the frequencies and handle all that for you, but you will have to manually tune the first clearance delivery frequency.  After that it will do the rest.

This is perfect by me. I'll give it a go. Thanks, Shawn

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook