Sign in to follow this  
John Snyder Jr

Prepar3D V4.3/Thrustmaster T16000M

Recently bought Prepar3D V4.3 and cannot get my Thrustmaster TM16000M to perform correctly with it. It's not acting correctly either configuring thru P3D or FSUIPC. I've read a lot of posts on forums suggesting it could be the simconnect file and to delete it and install the new one. I have no idea where I'd locate it or where to download and install the new one. Though it give it a try as nothing else has worked. By the way it works great in FSX. Could someone walk me thru this process or point me in the right direction for help. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've had this new sim now going on 2 weeks and  not been able to successfully complete a flight. Thanks

John Snyder Jr

A little short on info was given here in this initial post, but if you're new to Prepar3D and the joystick, I'd start as simple as possible and begin by removing FSUIPC from the equation.  I own the payware version of this product but on a oath of diminished complexity I decided that 2018 would be void of as many external products as possible and thus removed it (and a lot of other stuff) - and as a result it seems life has become better, since I spend more time flying and less time fiddling around with the settings of 10-15 interacting products.

The hardware interface menu of Prepar3D is a bit non-intuitive, but you have to steer clear of two horrible but somewhat related "'gotchas", first that multiple devices can be mapped to the same functions, and secondly that you have to check the "axis" settings on every device in the device drop down menu to see what might be controlling your inputs.  There can't be any overlap there either or your life will result in much unnecessary sadness, and then eventually medications that are tough to stop, and worst of all will then lead to making your night landings twice as hard to complete without causing all the toddlers on board to burst into tears (hallmark of a bad pilot).

Hopefully someone with specific experience with the TM16000M will chime in here and provide more info.

Edit:  You mentioned simconnect - that program also had me over a barrel and quite frustrated - for the life of me it was only by installing all of them oldest to newest (yeah, it makes no sense) that I finally restored order.  As always, what worked for me may not work for you, because at the end of the day I don't understand how simconnect got so convoluted or what really fixed the issue.  But reinstalling them all (the ones in the Prepar3d folder) worked for me- good luck bro.

Mark

Edited by mtrainer

I use a T16000 with P3D v4 without issues here, either as a straight HID device or via FSUIPC.  It's my preferred controller for the Scarebus, as it can be easily configured as a left-hand stick.

No idea why anyone would suggest deleting any simconnect file...are you sure you're not confusing that with something else? 

"It's not acting correctly" doesn't describe what problem you're having enough to even take a guess as to what's going on. 

What version of Windows are you using?  Is the stick recognized by WIndows as a joystick?  Has it been calibrated in Windows?  Does the controls menu in P3D recognize it?  Does it work at all?  Is it disconnecting??

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Using the Thrustmaster T.16000M with P3Dv4.3 with no issues here. You don't need FSUIPC for that, simply configure your T.16000M directly into the Controls options of P3Dv4.3 and you'll be Ok to go.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I've tried that edpatino but with same results. Starts off pretty reliable but after take off starts veering to the left, I correct and it goes right back, if I overcorrect it gets really erratic and before you know it I've stalled and aircraft is pitching left and right out of control. So frustrated!

John Snyder Jr

You need to calibrate the joystick (Control Panel, View Devices, select the Thrustmaster and watch the values for x and y axes to make sure they are smooth ) then maybe try a different aircraft like the F22 at 250 knots.

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

2 hours ago, John Snyder Jr said:

I've tried that edpatino but with same results. Starts off pretty reliable but after take off starts veering to the left, I correct and it goes right back, if I overcorrect it gets really erratic and before you know it I've stalled and aircraft is pitching left and right out of control. So frustrated!

That sounds like the sim's P-factor set too high rather than a controller problem...look in the P3D realism settings and turn the P-factor way down (or even off).  It's severely overdone in the flight dynamics for a lot of planes--even in jet aircraft where it should be negligible.  This has been a recurring theme over many generations of ESP-based simulators.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Interesting.. I just bought this Joystick off eBay it'll be here next week. My current Logitech Xtreme 3D Pro has run it's course and is eternally pulling to the right so I went with the Thrustmaster.

Hope it wasn't a mistake! 🙂

Edited by RancidViper

w6kd, I owe you a beer! As soon as I set the P factor to 0 everything is fine and working exactly as it should! Thanks so much. And RancidViper, you didn't make a mistake. This is an awesome joystick, I love it! I to came from a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, this one is so much better! Thanks for all the help guys, I'm back to flying!

• Like 1

John Snyder Jr

2 hours ago, RancidViper said:

Interesting.. I just bought this Joystick off eBay it'll be here next week. My current Logitech Xtreme 3D Pro has run it's course and is eternally pulling to the right so I went with the Thrustmaster.

Hope it wasn't a mistake! 🙂

2 hours ago, John Snyder Jr said:

w6kd, I owe you a beer! As soon as I set the P factor to 0 everything is fine and working exactly as it should! Thanks so much. And RancidViper, you didn't make a mistake. This is an awesome joystick, I love it! I to came from a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, this one is so much better! Thanks for all the help guys, I'm back to flying!

Interesting... I also have a Logitech Xtreme 3D Pro and some buttons are starting to fail (need to press hard to get them working). I did have the device for over a decade or so, so it's not odd that this is happening. Anyway, I was planning on buying the same joystick again if this one really goes bad but now I am beginning to doubt... What exactly makes the T16000M so much better? It seems larger, more clunky (I am used to placing the Logitech on my lap), the throttle is on the left which seems odd to me (I know the throttle in the middle is odd either but I'd prefer the throttle on the right, as it is in the plane), does it have more buttons? A rudder twist (which I use for steering only btw)? Again, what makes this Thrustmaster better?

@w6kd

Just to make sure, reducing the p-factor from anything but max is a no-go for most quality payware add-ons.

I haven't come across a jet in FSX/P3D with a noticable p-factor.

E.g. Milviz, Carenado, Alabeo.  On the Milviz C310 reducing the p-factor makes the aircraft even more difficult to control.

AFAIR RealAir aircraft are among the very few who require a reduction of the p-factor, but that's only due to a different style of FDE programming.

Edited by J35OE

8 minutes ago, J van E said:

What exactly makes the T16000M so much better? It seems larger..

The hall sensors make it extremely precise and the larger the joystick, the finer the control due to the larger stick travel.

By far the best joystick I ever owned. Furthermore a big advantage (for me) is that it can be configured for left hand use.

Edited by J35OE

11 hours ago, John Snyder Jr said:

By the way it works great in FSX. 

Looks like you have the realism settings turned way down in FSX.

With a p-factor of zero e.g. no single engine prop aircraft will fly realistic!

Neither in FSX nor in P3D 

Edited by J35OE

Make sure all the legacy simconnects are installed, you will find them in the "redist" folder in the main P3D folder.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

3 hours ago, J35OE said:

The hall sensors make it extremely precise and the larger the joystick, the finer the control due to the larger stick travel.

By far the best joystick I ever owned. Furthermore a big advantage (for me) is that it can be configured for left hand use.

I agree, been simming for over 3 decades and the T16000M is the best I have found. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310