Sign in to follow this  
Quackarov55

Should I check out the A2A C182?

Hello,

I have been interested after some school projects to take a look at the A2A 182.  I have primarily flown the Comanche for my GA aircraft but something got me.  What can you great people at AVSIM tell me about this plane?  Any comments, feedback, experiences are greatly appreciated.  

Thanks,

Andrew

sig_ProudSupporter.jpgCPilot.jpg

Yes, you should.

But whether you buy it is another matter. It's 38 quid, which is about 50 dollars for the Academic version, or I think another 25 Dollars (ish) on top of that for the Pro version. That's quite a lot for an add-on aeroplane if you are not going to fly it a lot and are merely curious about it. But if you are going to fly it a lot, then it's absolutely worth the money. But before you pull the trigger, read on...

Despite the fact that the real Cessna 182 can seat up to six people (if it has a baggage hold seating conversion, more typically it seats four), this capacity is only relevant if you are interested in simulating using it for passenger charters or light cargo hauling, if not, then you might also consider Just Flight's recent Cessna 152 if you specifically wanted a high-winged Cessna model, since being a two seater, the 152 is a bit more sprightly (some 152s were stressed for aerobatics) and the speed difference between the 182 and the 152 is fairly negligible, the 182 has a cruise speed about 25-30 knots faster than the 152, and they both stall at 49 knots, but since the 152 is about 900lbs lighter than the 182, it can land and take off from a hell of a lot more places and indeed get in and out of smaller airstrips.

That 152 features quite a lot of realism/maintenance simulation, but comes in at around 15 Dollars less than the A2A C182 (which is about ten quid less for us Brits). The reason I'm suggesting that might be something to consider, is that you could put that saved 15 Bucks toward A2A's Accu-Feel add-on if you don't have that (which is 20 Dollars), and then you could pour a bit of A2A's magic on every fixed-wing aeroplane you have with that, including that already very nice JF Cessna 152. But here's the best part about that idea...

There is a freebie demo of that Cessna, so you can try that and see if it floats your boat and it won't cost you anything to determine that. So you've initially got nothing to lose in trying it. Now I'm not trying to put you off buying A2A stuff; personally I think A2A is absolutely the best P3D developer there is and I rate them above all others and pretty much always have done because of their quality and consistency in creating diverse and top notch quality add-ons. But as noted, there are plenty of other very good developers out there, and if you use A2A's Accu-Feel to add a bit of A2A's magic to some of those other good add-on aeroplanes, you can end up with something rather special for a bit less money, and doing that 'spreads the love' a bit between the worthy developers.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Anything by A2A is blue chip. If you're into low and slow their products are the best you can find (GA-wise).

• Like 1

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

It's a good plane, just as any other A2A plane but only you can decide if it's something for you. I myself prefer the Comanche (and Cherokee) over any Cessna out there (I guess I am more of a Piper/low wing fan). Cessna's bore me to death pretty quickly somehow... But I am sure there are others who think the complete opposite. So... check it out (=read some reviews, read some real world info about the plane, watch some video's of it) and then decide if it will fit in your hangar. One thing is for sure: quality wise you have nothing to worry about with A2A planes! (Price wise it's a slightly other story but let's not get into that. 😉 )

I got my PPL in a Cessna 152 and have about 200+ hours in it, but I don't think I would  be interested it flying it in a sim. I really enjoyed flying both the A2A Comanche and the C 182, but now all I fly is the Q400 and 737NGX. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I’d look into the Bonanza

• Like 1

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

22 minutes ago, z06z33 said:

I’d look into the Bonanza

Hi David,

I've watched your YouTube videos for years - would you take a look at this thread and compare it to your experience with the Bonanza ? Either online or offline is fine...

Thanks...

A2A Bonanza Support

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=65908&sid=6af0580295aa56cba368deef93e791a8

Regards,

Scott

• Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7