Sign in to follow this  

I was in a fully stocked store the other day ....yeah, I'm talking to you Rob - Central puters is not far from your house. :-)

Good Grief Ken,

What a lost opportunity! 

You could have picked up a couple of 2080's and 2080ti's and dropped them off at Rob's house! That way we might have the all the comparison tests finished already!

I suppose alternatively you could have sent them to me.  :cool:

Kind regards,

Stephen

Actually I think Rob is expecting his shipment today. I hope UPS runs to his house early. Looking forward to what he finds.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

1 hour ago, SpiritFlyer said:

Good Grief Ken,

What a lost opportunity! 

You could have picked up a couple of 2080's and 2080ti's and dropped them off at Rob's house! That way we might have the all the comparison tests finished already!

I suppose alternatively you could have sent them to me.  :cool:

Kind regards,

Stephen

I was afraid he was going to write me a check ..... 😉

Edited by FunknNasty

A local UK supplier has the 2080 but no 2080ti yet.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

51 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

Actually I think Rob is expecting his shipment today.

Unfortunately not, when nVidia say "In Progress (next 1-2 business days)" and charge my AMEX, what they really mean is "it's on back order and they don't have an ETA" ... after a lengthy 30 minute call with nVidia this morning.  So no idea when my 2080Ti FE's will ship and nVidia don't have a date.  I wasn't going to cancel the order since I want the FE's so I'll just have to wait ... it's ok ... 90 days is my wait limit.

But I do have two NVLinks (3 and 4 slot) ... just nothing to attach them to ... fortunately I'm very busy with testing which has me in a great mood, better than normal 😉

I believe Devin (HiFlyer) will be getting his very soon and I'm sure he'll be doing a review:

Cheers, Rob.

7 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

fortunately I'm very busy with testing which has me in a great mood, better than normal 😉

Well, That must mean we will be in a great mood very soon!! LOL

Thanks for the update.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

I so hope that when we get to Prepar3d V5 we can use AMD GPU's without problems. Nvidia is just playing games with the customers now. The fake release of the super card except according to most reviewers, it is really not that super and the fact that it is only an improved card if game makers follow them down this secret RTX road. It all makes you wonder if nvidia is really being run by the folks that pedal iphones.

Edited by shivers9
  • Upvote 2

Sam

My card is still slow-poking along.

Good thing I'm quite a bit more patient than I used to be, or I would be climbing the walls!!!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

3 hours ago, FunknNasty said:

I was in a fully stocked store the other day ....yeah, I'm talking to you Rob - Central puters is not far from your house.

Sure, the 2080 FE they have, but NONE of their stores have the 2080Ti (1-2 weeks before they think they'll have stock).  Someone with more nVidia pull than I is trying to get answers as to why we were notified of shipping but not actually shipped product.

Cheers, Rob.

LOL I have been watching way too much Fox News but it sure seems like they are not in a hurry to get these out to end users. Thanks to both of you guys for being out front and at least trying.

Sam

Just jumped online onto an store I used recently to replace my 4K monitor and all their 2080Ti are listed as sold out or due mid-month with prices between $AUD2049-2200 equiv. approx $US1450-1580.....funnily enough when I collected the monitor last Thursday I noticed Gigabyte Australia's office/warehouse was in the same industrial estate.

<<<<for flight sim entertainment use only >>>>

I wonder how much IBM's Big Blue has to do with this. 

.....Major U.S. retailers cough up big raises for their mules and economists call it non-inflationary? Cant wait to see the look on the faces of these mules when they go to the feeding trough only to find the same ole grub as the day before.

Edited by FunknNasty

No conspiracy, just nVidia delays ... my AMEX charge got dropped (didn't settle) so that means nothing shipped.  Current word is my cards will ship 10/10.  Looking forward to Devons review.

Cheers, Rob.

Just got mine today. Futzing around with it now

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5