Sign in to follow this  
swiesma

Must have addons to start with

Our first hint of XP12! http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/14982-synthetic-vision/

(when I asked Laminar about whether non-DEM DSFs are good, their response was something to the effect that those DSFs will stop working once XP12 comes out, because it will require the DEM data as well).

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Interesting, that would mean XP12 would potentially not work with Ortho4XP scenery as it stands. 

57 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Interesting, that would mean XP12 would potentially not work with Ortho4XP scenery as it stands. 

😂

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

5 hours ago, tonywob said:

Considering the time, effort and money people invested in their Ortho4XP scenery I don't think that would be a very smart move.

Richard Åsberg

On 10/25/2018 at 7:50 PM, kurtb said:

i dont agree to the "superior" statement!!

It depends.

From a technical standpoit XP is lightyears ahead of P3D. I own both now and as much as I like P3D and especially the PMDG/QW planes - I did not touch it in weeks but only fly the Zibo 737.

Although: I hope Active Sky will be there soon for XP and I hope PMDG will consider XP soon. Also I hope for better airport sceneries. The freeware stuff is a lot of pain in the *** because of the libraries and stuff you need for most of them.

Long story short: XP is very good but has a lot of room for improvements. Nevertheless will I not spend a single dollar on P3D anymore. At the moment XP cost me 30$ all in and it's almost on the same level as my P3D where i spent maybe ~1000€ at...

6 minutes ago, swiesma said:

From a technical standpoit XP is lightyears ahead of P3D.

At the moment XP cost me 30$ all in 

Don't agree with the 'lightyears' ahead statement either.

30$? Wow, where did you buy it at a 50% reduced prize? 

When I bought the first x-plane version many years ago it was almost 10 times more expensive than a MSFS.

• Upvote 1

Well, the P3D engine is from the stoneage of computing I think. So yeah, I think XP is well ahead regarding the engine.

I got it from keyforsteam.de.

I buy all my games there, but the 30€ offer does no longer exist.

utj2GpM.png

Edited by swiesma

27 minutes ago, swiesma said:

Well, the P3D engine is from the stoneage of computing I think. So yeah, I think XP is well ahead regarding the engine.

X-plane dates back to 1995. 20+ years for software isn't Stone Age?

Edited by FDEdev

17 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

X-plane dates back to 1995. 20+ years for software isn't Stone Age?

I don't want to argue now. Install P3D and install XP and you will immediately see what I mean. If you then say P3D has the more modern engine - well, then ok.

But this is OT here.

Edit: let's do it like this: We can close this here now, I made my start in XP and I guess the days of P3D are overfor me 😉 But everyone to his own liking. I don't mind people still fiddling around with P3D, AF masks, config tweaks, constant updates that break everything etc. etc. I am tired of this, I don't have the time for this. I work ~60 hours a week and want to enjoy flying in my spare time, not editing config files and try to figure out why something doesn't work or if the latest update works with the zillion addons.

Edited by swiesma

I like x-plane 11 as it is. It has improved a lot over the years and since it's first and foremost a FLIGHT simulator for me, I never considered any add-ons as necessary and certainly not 'must haves', but the same goes for P3Dv4.

They main problem with x-plane is the continuous two steps forward, one step back development and as an FDE/FM designer you have to change your airplanes all the time.

Edited by FDEdev

Just a quick note...if you can turn some your rendering and texture settings up the cockpits will look very close to payware. I turned off HDR and got a BIG increase in FPS which also allowed me to crank up my anti-aliasing settings too and was shocked at how nice and razor sharp the cockpits are.

What was the €30 spent on?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

On 10/29/2018 at 2:50 AM, swiesma said:

I got it from keyforsteam.de.

I buy all my games there, but the 30€ offer does no longer exist.

utj2GpM.png