Sign in to follow this  
RKOines

What is the proper way to move an aircraft to a new computer

I have a new computer.  I want to move my PMDG birds over to that machine.  Do I need to delete the bird on the old machine before I add it to the new machine?  Thank you in advance.

Ron Oines

Yes. Uninstall it and reinstall it on the new computer with all the sim stuff and all.

BUT, You must de-activate your licence on the FMC for each PMDG Aircraft before uninstalling it. That way you wont run in trouble of serial when you reinstall it somewhere else.

Edited by cagrikartal

No.

you can of course but you don‘t have to. You can even use it on both computers as long as they are yours, but not at the same time. The PMDG license says one customer per copy, not one computer. 

Anyway, if you already had to reactived your license several times it‘s a good idea to deactivate it. I have changed my computer twice, once only the win version and had to activate my 737 and 777 4 times. No issues. 

7 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

You can of course but you don‘t have to. You can even use it on both computers as long as they are yours, but not at the same time. The PMDG license says one customer per copy, not one computer. 

That is actually a bad advice. 

I cannot check right now as I'm on a business trip, but as far as I remember to use it on two computers you should still ask PMDG through support before it anyway.

And second if he gets rid of his old computer then the licence would remain linked to him forever so it's better to deactivate.

And to answer the initial question if you plan on getting rid of your old rig (formmating the disk and all) just deactivate and do not lose time in uninstalling which is not worth it 🙂

1 hour ago, wedgantilles said:

but as far as I remember to use it on two computers you should still ask PMDG through support before it anyway.

Not necessary.  As long as the EULA is complied with one doesn't need to ask PMDG permission to have two concurrent installations. However, I believe the OP intends to move to a new computer in which case I agree the license should be released then products uninstalled before installing to new computer.

Dan Downs KCRP

Just to clear things up a bit:

1. Users can use the aircraft on up to two (2) computers, that they personally own, not in simultaneous use.
  2. This does not require permission (the EULA outlines the permission already - that's the point of it).
  3. As outlined in the Intro Manual, the correct process is to de-register the product, then uninstall; reinstall on the new comp, and then re-register it.
  4. We would appreciate the removal of the product from the computer if it is to be sold, just as an extra measure of protection.

Kyle Rodgers

3 hours ago, killairbus said:

Do different licenses apply to expansions or do they use the base pack's license?

-Angelo Busato

Each product has it's own license key

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com