Sign in to follow this  
Guest P3_Super_Bee

FFS Saab 340 IS available now for d/l

Also a thanks to Krister for taking the time to make and post the video.Well, one thing important, to me anyway, is the look of the panel as well as the function.. looking at the panel in the video and on the FFS website...I was a little disappointed. Does anyone remember a SAAB 340 in FS98? It's been a while, I know, but ever since I got FS9 a couple years ago I've been waiting for a SAAB with a panel that good. or at least one that looked somewhat real... Now just maybe I only THINK I remember the way it looked. .:-) but.. regardless of my memory..somehow this one just doesn't look to me like it is really 'there.' I've seen better looking freeware...or lets say.. freeware panels that 'I' liked better..For $39 or whatever... I'm not ready to jump.. yet..Thoughts?

Hmm, not trying to stir anything, just a question. How do you think they shot ILS approaches to minimums before GPS was developed? The default GPS, in coordination with other avionics, allows all one needs for ILS to minimums :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Really? I haven't found any good S340 panels, where can I get one at?Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Hi Jeff, Are you asking me about the FS98 panel I 'think' i remember? Humm.. i wouldn't know where to find it...maybe it was or wasn't as nice as i remember but i would fly the 340 all the time,...

"Does anyone remember a SAAB 340 in FS98?"Eric Ernst (LDS 767 fame) still has a site up containing his old panels. I'll get you the link as soon as I can...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Not referring to ILS approaches - there certainly isn't an ILS at YMER nor at the vast majority of regional airports the SAAB 340B operates into (at least in Australia). In poor conditions the SAAB 340B would normally use a GPS approach which of course doesn't need an ILS. The point I

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest jboweruk

Well chaps and chapesses, there's only 1 other Saab 340 out there, and I have it, and from what I've heard I think I like the sound of this one better. So it'll probably get done as and when I can and it's worth it for me.

How spooky!!Last night I was looking at the Regional Express rex.com.au website, cause I have always wanted to fly on a Saab 340, and asked my friend where I can get one for fs2004 thinking FFS had been scrapped.Anyway, the next day I view avsim, and i see this great topic :DTime to have a look :-)

Guest VAA_008

Cool video, I am glad to see I am not the only one struggling to maintain the centerline on the runway hehehe..

Thanks Dillon,If we find it I hope it's as I remember in the deep recesses of my cortex, or whatever that stuff is...

>Thanks Dillon,>If we find it I hope it's as I remember in the deep recesses>of my cortex, or whatever that stuff is...Did you guys check Fsnordic?Sorry, can't remember the addy off the top of my head.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Dillon, I just found a few Eric Ernst 340 panels for FS98 at the 'other' site.. these were not the one i remember. ?? I don'think..Also found this page with his 340 panel-- for FS98http://www.flywestwind.com/Products/Panels/freeprop98.htmHumm.. was this it? Don't know.. I thouoght the plane has a VC...the aircraft was payware.. not sure..I found a link to Eric's site (old maybe) but it was not active...Googled him, etc...

Guest dwojdylo

>I've heard enough. I'll stick with my PMDG 1900's!PMDG 1900 are a joke comparing to this Saab. This is a very good release. The attention to detail in all the systems is quite amazing in times where most of addons are rushed for release to grab your money asap. Congrats to FFS!And I am not easy to please customer.

Well, i decided to get the SAAbLast nite i downloaded it--- loaded it up and no guages-then spent over an hour trying to figure out how to get gauges--unsuccessfully.. "must be registered, go to config mgr"- I did, didn't see anything in the cfg mgr..just looks like load out cfg... finally found the cfg mgr manual- ah ha!! why didn't they send me here 1st OR say to click on the little photo in the upper right of the cfg mgr...ok clicked and got the gauges regst page.. filled it out correctly.. didn't work.. did it again and again..and again copy and paste.. type...(you know those new fangled water fountains in airports, or anywhere? you come out of the can and some genius has decided to totally redesign the basic 'WATERFOUNTAIN" it's so brilliant that you can;t even find the handle-- :-hah went to their website and sent a support ticket... got a pretty quick response.. maybe 15 minutes..(fast for a computer, eh! :>) response sent me to a link on their forum..it basically said--"ZEROS" and no letter "O"--well I had figured that out already.. so i responded to their response(always having to go back to their website. enter my ticket# etc...saying i typed every possible way I could.. I KNOW my name I Know my email and got the reg code right.. no extra spaces ZEROS etc..after an hour or so i went to bed.this AM i had a nice response said they didn't know what was wrong, would figure out a patch for me and send it as soon as they made it..Since i haven't seen anyone else w/this issue.. must just be me...So... how's the SAAB? ;) :-wave